Sertraline changes- is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was on 200mg of sertraline for depression, anxiety, ocd and eating disorders for 2 years. About 6 months ago I slowly tapered down to 100mg.

i felt rubbish for a few weeks but all fine now. Except the past 2 days I've felt like a zombie. I can't leave my bed I'm exhausted everything is draining and I've been having thoughts that I don't deserve food or water which is strange because since starting sertraline I've only felt like this if I've accidentally missed a dose.

is this normal, am I just having a couple of bad days? I actually dragged myself into work this morning but was told to go home by my boss because I was acting like a zombie and he just assumed I was ill.

i feel like I'm withdrawing but I'm not- please can someone tell me this is normal and will pass or that this in not normal with some handy hints. I've already lost 3lbs which I love but probably shouldn't- I don't want this to turn into a full spiral.

im 22 by the way

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you felt good on 200, why did you taper down?
    • Posted

Because it was giving me stomach problems and I felt ready to try a lower dose after 2 years
    • Posted

I was on 100 mg for 7 years. My anxiety started to slowly creep back and I didn't see the doctor until it started to spiral. I'm now on my 8th day of 150mg and although I've had some good times, it seems the bad times are always foremost in my mind.

I did taper off mine once and my anxiety came back to a debilitating level. Everybody is different and you may be just having a couple bad days. People in my family have went off theirs and were fine. Keep an eye on it but don't dwell on it, you may be one of those people who can do without??

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your experience. Maybe the same is happening to me and the depression has been creeping back since lowering my dose... It's always hard when you feel better to stop yourself from thinking you're fine and ready to decrease...thanks for your time- I'll see how the next few days go... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.