Sertraline Immediate Side Effects??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all this is my first day using Setraline 50mg,I took my first pill at 8:30 this morning and by 11:00 am I've got a headache,pain behind my eyes,fatigue and diarrhea.i have read about the terrible side effects of this drug but didn't expect them to come on so quickly,is this normal?. Thanks

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi dave

These are totally normal. I am into my 3rd week and I have had all the side effects!

My eyes where really sore for the first few days, especially when a bright light was on

I still have nauseous feeling and no appetite but this page has really helped with advice.

Stick with them and u will feel better over the next few weeks, maybe even days.

My doc gave me diazepam 2mg to combat the heightened anxiety so if u haven't been given anything like that might be worth asking

I am not having good day today but u know what it's ok, I'm just gonna accept it and get through it. You are not on your own.

Ppl on here are really supportive and give good advice so anytime just ask!

Keep positive and calm.

K xx

• Posted

Dave,

Completely normal. Hang in there, it will get worse before it gets better. Stay strong but be gentle with yourself.

• Posted

Hi. I'm not a health professional but have taken these tabs for 6 years. When I first started them I had no symptoms at all apart from feeling high as a kite till about 3 in the afternoon then I plummeted and felt so tired. As time went on after weeks I suffered headaches. Everybody is different though so my advise would be to persevere with them if you get worse go back to your gp

• Posted

Thanks for your replies guysh .…I am definitely going to stick with it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.