Sertraline user for 15 years now 6 weeks clean.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a 36 years old and have been on zoloft since I was 21... I recently had a miscarriage triggering the difficult decision to stop taking the medication. I weaned myself from 50mgs evedaday to 25mgs twice a week during a 3 month period. Now I am 6 weeks clean with mild sideffects until a few days ago. I now have the electric shock sensations, I am flooded with heavy emotions and cry over any and everything. This is by far one one the hardest things I have ever had to do.... My husband and children are amazing and are keeping me focused on the goal. Knowing that I am not alone in this fight is what gets me through the day

Praying this ride is over soon and I can get back to the real me. Looking into natural solutions from now on.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Keep it up,you can do it.Did the meds work for you otherwise?I'm on 8 weeks now,and felt great the first 4 to 5 weeks,now i start to feel like I'm regressing a bit.dunno if i should up the dose from 50mg.anyway good luck.

• Posted

Sertraline withdrawal does it go away, is a link you may find helpful on this site.  
  • Posted

A decision to use antidepressants during pregnancy is based on the balance between risks and benefits. Overall, the risk of birth defects and other problems for babies of mothers who take antidepressants during pregnancy is very low. Still, few medications have been proved safe without question during pregnancy, and some types of antidepressants have been associated with health problems in babies....

SSRIs are generally considered an option during pregnancy, including citalopram (Celexa), fluoxetine (Prozac) and sertraline (Zoloft)...

Some research associates use of citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline with a rare but serious newborn lung problem (persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn) when taken during the last half of pregnancy.

unquote

Big hug to your wee ones, to your husband. and you...

• Posted

Did your sexual functioning retirn in the meantime. I assume it was affected by zoloft..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.