Sertraline works, just hang in there!!! (2 years)

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I havnt been on for a while, but just wanted to send out some positivity that sertraline does work! It might not feel it at the moment  for all of you just starting out, but if you hang in there and take everyday at a time, then you will surely see that light at the end of the tunnel.............

MY SERTRALINE STORY

I have now been on sertraline for 2 years... 8 weeks on 50mg, 1year 3 months on 100mg, now on 75mg for pst 5 months. I started taking sertraline for severe anxiety. I couldn't go out of the house for 4 months, I couldn't do anything around the house I could barely look after my son as I didn't want to be around anyone feeling the way I did, so I tried all herbal stuff first but it just wasn't helping so doc put me on 50mg sertraline and 40mg x3 daily propranolol. I stayed on both for 8 weeks then weaned off propranolol myself as I didn't want to take tablets in the first place let alone take 2 different types. I started taking sertraline at night just before I got into bed, as I thought I would sleep through the side effects and they wouldn't be as bad. It took me 12-16 weeks to see a difference and level out. I did see a difference before that but it was very up and down, but at the 12 week mark I saw a change, and light at the end of that dark tunnel. What helped me tnrough the darkest days paws taking rescue remedy when I was feeling very anxious, and doing word searches, I even learnt go knit and that kept my mind occupied zinc really helped through my bad days............ So for anyone starting or thinking they are not working etc.... Hang in there!!! Everyone is different. It could work straight away for some but for those of us that it dosnt, stay positive, keep busy and stay on a dose for at least 6-8 weeks before upping so it has a chance to work. Good luck everyone!!! I wish you all the love, peace and happiness. You are not alone!!! Xxxx

1 like, 72 replies

72 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Vikki,

Thank you! You rarely read any positive stories so lovely when you do!

I'm on day 15 50mg sertraline and as yet no light at end of the tunnel! I'm praying hard that someday soon there may be.

Thank you again!

• Posted

Sorry Lotty you are not feeling better, i can sympathise and just hope you get some relief soon. You are in my thoughts.

Are you still having the anxiety and nausea or has that changed?

• Posted

Is your depression worse than it was before you started this med?  Dont know when it will leave me. Looking for someone to tell me their experiences
    • Posted

I wouldn't say it's worse but def not any better. How long you been on sertraline?

• Posted

Couple of weeks, feel awful. Anxiety still high, eating gone and depression no better
    • Posted

Hi lotty, how you getting on with sertaline? I'm on day23, 6dsys on 25mg and 17days on 50mg and not feeling any better yet. What dose are you on? Xx

• Posted

noticing no difference in depression. insomnia kicking in and extremely tearful.
    • Posted

I know it's awful isn't it. How long have you been on them for now? And is it for anxiety and depression you take them for? Xxx

• Posted

mainly depression and intrusive thoughts. I just feel numb and have my bestfriends wedding in two weeks and cant even smile!

Today is day 15 but have tried prozac and citalopram previously. Prozac didnt really kick in but dont think I gave it enough time and citalopram sent me crazy!

• Posted

I know it's awful isn't it. I have felt numb too like I can't even smile plus no motivation or energy. I'm been suffering with insomnia since the beginning so I'm just knackered!! The nausea has seemed to faded abit now which is good but got such a low mood and anxiety spicks throughout the day. I see my dr tomorrow so I think she'll incase me. Mine is for anxiety which then started to lead into depression xx

• Posted

I am going to try to wait it out another two weeks and if no improvement I will make an appointment then. I have felt like this from September, woke up one morning and it was like something had just switched in my head. I long so much to feel better!
    • Posted

I have to see my dr every 2weeks at the moment so she what she says tomorrow. Yes it does take awhile to get into your system. Yes it started around September time for me too and it just came out the blue. Where you from lotty? Xx
    • Posted

extremely! yours?
    • Posted

Yes she is good, very understanding which helps when your not feeling great xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.