Sertriline..... anxiety!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

I'm new here!!

So glad I found this page as I have had the worst 5 weeks of my life.

At the begging of December it was like a switch went off and I went into full blown melt down.

I have absolutely no idea why. There was nothing happening stressful at work or in my personal life and I am normally a positive person.

I couldn't stop crying, I couldn't breath, I was shaking, felt like I was going to pass out. I even thought my house was falling down and for days was convincing myself that

that every bad thing that could possibly happen would.

To this day I still do not have a clue what triggered this.

Anyway, thankfully I have the most amazing husband and he straight away got me to the doctor.

She gave me some diazepam, signed me off work for 2 weeks and referred me to the local mental health team.

The diazepam worked however as soon as I stopped taking them I was a wreck again.

Over the past few weeks I kept trying to tell myself that it was just my brain playing tricks on me, everything I was thinking was again lie... I have tried everything and I mean everything to try and stop this feeling. The feeling that you just know something bad is going to happen. The sick feeling you get with worry, x 100

I even went as far again to tell the doc last week that I was ready to go back to work!!

Then on Tuesday the world crashed again and I was back to square 1.

My hubby, God bless him, called the doc straight away. Got me an app and she has given me Sertriline and diazepam.

So this is day 3 and I am having the usual side effects but I am determined to see it through as I really think they will help me,

Hopefully over the next few days I will stop feeling sick, shaking and having head aches (and this weird teeth clenching will go too!)

Just wanted to share my experience with you all and to let anyone who is out there searching these pages for answers and support. That you are not alone

Stay strong, even when it all feels too much (coz I was there!!) Just keep hanging on. Your body will not allow you to feel like this black cloud is surrounding you forever.

If you haven't already, go to the doc, make that appointment. You will not be the first person to go and speak to them about your problems.

Trust me! And if they give you meds of any kind, take them. Don't be discouraged by any "stigma" ...

I'm starting to accept the fact that this just might be the way it is and I will learn a new way to live with it . If I need to make a few adjustments I will.

I am going to get better coz ye know..... I have far to many people to annoy in this world lol.

Hope everyone is coping and hanging in there....

Thanks for reading (was good to get that off my chest)

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for sharing! I hope you feel better soon! Give the meds some time to work. They can take a bit but just take it day by day smile

• Posted

When did you start on the setraline
    • Posted

I started on Tuesday, so day 4 today.

I have had the worst night. I have to take them in the morning (because of other meds I need to take at bedtime for something else)

Thank god for the diazepam, they are taking the edge off it.

It's good to know there are other people out there who are going through this (not that I am happy that others are just to know I'm not on my own)

I have to phone my work today and I think this might be why I am feeling a bit more weepy again today.

• Posted

Yes there are more people than we actually realize going through the same thing as we are.It is just frustrating because it takes the medicine so long to take effect.How are you feeling today?
    • Posted

Hi Pam

I'm not so good today. Have turned my fone off and just trying to stay calm.

Don't want to go out or speak to anyone. Have a really sore head and feeling sick.

The diaz are helping a little but I'm now scared I'm gonna get addicted to them so I am scared to take them.

Thank you for your support!

• Posted

Day 13and what a roller coaster ride this is. I am all over the place.

Still only on 50mg.

I have a call with my works OH and then an appointment with a CAT councillor on Friday.

I feel like my body is getting better, I don't feel sick to my stomach anymore and I do feel more relaxed but my mind is doing over time.

I'm not sleeping very well either

Don't know whether to ask the doc to increase the sertraline or if it's still too early?

Any advice very welcome!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.