severe acne really depressing me, help!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi after having my son over 2 years ago, then having my tubes clipped(sterilisation), since that operation went downhill and been diagnosed with anti phospholipid syndrome, I developed really severe acne on my face, always at the doctors, blood tests after blood tests, creams and lotions, never really been given that much advice about my skin(seen dermatologist), just fed up not being able to leave the house without having to try and make my face look half decent, otherwise people stare, but they do anyway, all I want to do is cry x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janice, i am currently on Roaccutane, 20mg per day as what my Doctor prescribed me. I have persistent acne since 10 yrs and topicals aren't effective anymore. You might want to discuss with other dermatologist if that will work for you since your having some special case. I have yet to see the result for me since its only been 12 days and currently suffering my initial breakouts, and they are worse than i ever had. Anyway my dr assured me that it will go after 3-4 weeks when the meds will kick in. Hope you're ok.
    • Posted

I'm afraid roaccutane is not an option for me at all, I have mental health problems and would be at risk if I took it, as I have a previous history of attempted suicide, I'm not prepared to take that risk honestly, although I am better than I used to be, I'm just to scared to take it, don't really know what other options I have x
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that I hope your okay, I do kno there is other options available from the dermotologist so it might be worth seeing thm again and discussing it x
  • Posted

Hello Janice, I feel your pain I hated going out the house to, also I felt very depressed so you are not alone, you said you've seen a dermotologist did they mention roactuanne?? Xx
    • Posted

Hi Tatum, have you finished your course? I am still on initial breakouts and its worse sad
    • Posted

Hello, I am only a week and half in, I've had some side effects, cracked lips and nose and a pain in my side which I've got to have checked 😁 I had a break out after 3 days 😩 touch wood since the redness and lumps are starting to go down, my face does feel very itchy and sometimes sore though, what dose are you on? X
    • Posted

oh hi im on 20mg a day and im on my 12th day. So far i still have the worse breakout ever i have more than 10 big big red pimples all over my face, creepy, i don't know till when i will suffer with this. How bout you. which dose they gave you? The only side effects i can notice now is my lips, it has became chapped but im still my face is so oily so no need of heavy moisturizer yet. My name is elai. smile
    • Posted

I'm on 40mg a day, hang in there each person is different and hopefully you will start to see a improvement soon. I still have a few pimples that are sore to even touch slowly but surely they are going down atleast I hope 😁 my lips are very sore and when I blo my nose it bleeds because it's also cracking, I'm hoping they don't take me off thm depending on the discomfort in my side. I use a e45 face mosturiser which is good might be worth a try when you need it x
    • Posted

Thank you, i have aquaphor beside me for my lips and a moisturizer of the same brand too incase i need it. 

You too stay positive, we should just be very patient. I hope you're ok, discuss immediately with your dr just incase of any discomfort ok.

• Posted

Thank you I have appointment next week so hoping things are ok. I have started to feel abit happier since taking the tablets as it's the start of them going away for good, so it does get better just ride the break outs out and remember it's all worth it and you'll soon have clear skin ☺️
    • Posted

Good luck to both of us and to all the people out there suffering for the same. Ill keep you updated also what's happening on my face hehe. Be safe.
  • Posted

Hi Janice I do feel for you as I had very severe acne which fortunately mainly stopped in my 20's.  One thing I will say,  I am sure you are too sensible to do this, but whatever you do do not pop or pick them as you will run the risk of scarring.  I did and ended up with scarring and pits in my skin.  

I find that using wipes on my face (the pore cleanser ones) really work and keeps any nasties at bay.   Your skin has good bacteria on it as well as bad so don't wash your skin too much as you will destroy the good as well.  

I have found that I think mine is much worse than others do so hold your head up and ignore them.  

Oh there is make up available (very expensive) which you might be able to get on prescription.  Ask if you can be referred to someone to try it.   If you are in the UK it is available on the NHS.  I had a trial and thought it was fantastic.  You couldn't see any marks at all on my skin.   x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.