Severe anemia, IV infusions not working

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi fellow anemia sufferers, ive been holding off on finding a support forum because hey,who has the energy for that right?I've had anemia for about 10 years but the past 2 have been the worst.After having 2 Iron Infusions in the past month my iron levels went from 10 to 7 in just 2 weeks.This drop just landed me in the hospital 2 days ago for a HORRIBLE overnight stay(migraine from HELL) and resulted in 2 blood transfusions.My blood pressure has also been staying in the 85/53 range which has been horrible to say the least!Has anyone else experienced a drop like that after having iron infusions done?Hope all is well with everyone and nice to meet you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you had any tests to discover why your iron levels are low?
    • Posted

Hi there!Ive had numerous tests but to no avail..next step they said last week will be a bone biopsy which im absolutely terrified about.My ferritin levels have stay at around a 4 so im also being referred to an endocrinologist. We have no clue up to this point.Its terrible because ive suffered from anemia for 10 years off and on and just now ive seen a hematologist.About 1 1/2 ago my blood levels were a 5.2 so i had a bunch of blood transfusions done and after having a few IV infusions my blood went up to a 10 and they said i was good to go.Im back to square one now but the infusions arent working which worries me.
    • Posted

Oh dear, it must be very worrying for you. I hope you get some help and results to help you get healthy soon. Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.