Severe ankle pain movement post steriod injection. Now white patches on skin!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I need some advice. My left ankle had a reconstruction about 16 months ago. I had a steriod injection for ion going pain and swelling about a month ago. Now I have severe pain on movement and weight bearing and white patches where the pain is and are not going away, any thoughts? I'm having an MRI on Wednesday but thought someone might know what they are. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you had the hardware removed?

I am almost 8 months post op from the all American Foot surgery and just started having pain again. I'm going next week to talk about having screws removed.

As much as I don't want another surgery it would be nice to have answers and relief.

Hope you receive answers as well!!

• Posted

I don't have any hardware 😒. We figured out it might be scar tissue breaking down because I've got some bruising and swelling. Thanks anyway. You too

• Posted

Keep us posted. I am suffering from a lot of pain 10 months post op and not sure what is going on. I am curious what your MRI and xrays reveal.
    • Posted

Hi, I got my MRI results. It shows moderate anterior ankle scar tissue (where I bend my foot up at the front of my ankle to walk) and odemea in the mucles in the inner side of of my foot (in four mucles). They think I might have denervation which I think means dead nerves. I'm seeing my surgeon on the 29th re maybe arthroscopy to clean out the scar tissue because it gets very very painful and swollen 😧. I don't know what denervation means re my symtoms yet. 

• Posted

continue to keep us posted. Very curious about this. Did they say what causes this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.