Severe anxiety - partners family coming down

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, my partners family are coming to visit got the weekend. I have woken up at 4am having a panic attack. I can't eat when I am this nervous and they want to go for meals each day. I've met them before but only once but I'm really scared I'll have a panic attack and won't be able to eat.

I've been suffering from panic attacks since Christmas now. Does severe anxiety come in waves as I'm starting to think ill never be the same again because it's been so many months.

Please help 😢

Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

go to your gp

explain how desperate you are

they should prescribe you some diazepam or silimar they will do the trick 100%

and they should if they haven't already be helping you with a longer term solution? cbt or counsiling is always their first go to. however if the panic attacks are impacting your day to day life you should be on meds

• Posted

Youll get back close to normal in due time .. I had panick attacks real bad wake up from sleep like i stopped breathing heart palpatating feeling like bugs crawling under my skin scared to death and delusional couldnt grasp reality. It took about 1 year to over come it... I felt doomed.. Still have anxiety attacks bit much more mild then thevpanic attacks were. Thank God. No Meds
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
  • Posted

When we are stressed anxiety/panic rears its ugly head.

Keep your breathing even and reassure yourself all is ok

Good luck

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

I feel the same way. Best thing to do is breath. When your out having a meal and feel your self going to panic take a walk to the bathroom and calm yourself down! Helps me alot. Or distract yourself by using your phone or going for fresh air!
  • Posted

I'm rely sorry to here that you are anxious I can give you a few tips you may have tries these things but if you havnt they may well work for you exercise regularly 30 mins a day at least get an exercise dvd or you can find them on youtube go for country walks explain to your loved ones what makes you feel anxious eat a healthy diet Go jogging or for brisk walks listen to uplifting music all this may seem basic stuff but it helps me and hope it helps you you should defo go to the doctors though they will be able to put you in the right direction if you do get diazepam or so thing simular they can become addictive so only use in the short term there are other meds you can get from your doctor hope this help and good luck with your meal
  • Posted

Try not to over analize everything but in the mean time xanax will do the trick i garantee you. But i promise you your panic attacks will go away within time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.