Severe bruising after EPS

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI,

I underwent an EPS for cardiac arrythmia one week ago but it has left me with severe bruising half way down my thigh. It is not swollenand not painful just a little in my groin. I did bleed a bit after the procedure andwhen i stood to go home and the cardiologist seemed to have difficulty inserting the catheter into my groin.

has anyone else gone through this after an EPS is this typical?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was very badly bruised after my first one. the bruise wise went right down my leg and I had a lump in ther. Theypierced the vein and then pressed very hard on it to stop the bleeding. I understand it is quite common. I was lucky that I had a friend who had a stent Out in had these me thing had happened to him and that reassured me. I am going for a third ablation and this time th doct gave information about this happening during the op. 
  • Posted

hi i had abalation 5 days ago i am badly bruised in groin and down my leg the wound has healed its the bruising that is painful 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.