Severe depression and anxiety changed from lexepro 40mg to prozac 20mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Came off Lexepro 40mg bout week and a half ago and have been on prozac 20mg for 2.5 weeks. Dr upped it today to 40mg.

First week and a half on prozac 20mg i felt aggitated and really really anxious...panicky often...racing thoughts, felt like i was going crazy.

But this morning just woke up totally depressed..cried all day pretty much, no motivation, huge brainfog, extreamly tired, low concentration, not interested in doing anything- not enough concentration to do anything. Dont feel like eating.

I am wondering if it is too low dose after coming off Lexepro 40mg...or maybe it just hasnt kicked in yet all....can anyone, from their own experience, shed some light on this....i am feeling completley lost!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I felt the same way just give it more time your body needs to fully adjust to them from what others said it takes 4-8 weeks
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Sarah. R u taking prozac as well.
    • Posted

Yeah I am taking it 18 days out of every month it's really helping my disorder
  • Posted

Prozac takes a little longer to get into your system. You will have good and bad days, but it does get better. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.