Severe disability premium.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, at 5.20pm ish today i found out from a discussion here followed by intense internet browsing and an intitledto benefit calculator that now i've been moved into the support group of esa & i receive care componant of pip i now qualify for severe disability premium. so at 5.27pm exactly i rang job centre plus to confirm/deny my findings. BUT, i was kept on hold with their delightful music till 6.07pm which i was then cut off and of course then they had closed. so now i have to wait till monday morning.. why do you always find out these things on a friday.. iv'e had 9 months of dealing with the DWP so i guess another 2 days wont hurt me.cry 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

OMG I hate that,  there you are hanging on for ages and ages and this voice keep butting in saying ; your call is important please hold and an operator will be with you shortly: then all of a sudden brrrrrrrrrr    arghhhhhhhh
  • Posted

OMG I hate that,  there you are hanging on for ages and ages and this voice keep butting in saying ; your call is important please hold and an operator will be with you shortly: then all of a sudden brrrrrrrrrr    arghhhhhhhh
    • Posted

Whooops, sorry Gill, I think I must have pressed reply twice, big apologies  x
    • Posted

Hahaha no worries, and yeah that's exactly how it goes... grrrrrrrrrrr!!..

oh well i'll just have to be all stressed and impatient till monday when i get t listen to their lovely music again..xx

• Posted

Hi Gill,

I hate finding things out at the weekend, I always get the worrying letters on a Saturday morning and then worry myself sick the whole weekend.

Can I ask a couple of questions please. (Nosey parker me)  How did you find out from discussion on here, browsing & calc that you've been moved into ESA support group? and doesn't receiving the care comp of PIP alone qualify you for SDP? (providing of course you meet the living alone/no overnight carer part?)

I thought you would have got it regardless of ESA SG. I'm sure I was getting it during the assessment phase of ESA?

Anyway, sorry for being nosey & good luck with it

Just being curious

• Posted

Hi. Basically someone on here did a discussion on severe disability premium and i thought I'd check it out. I was moved into support group a coutof weeks ago and i knew with me previously being in wrag group I didn't qualify. But after checking the rules for support group it turns out now i do. So now have to wait till monday to ask for a form. But only support group qualifies you for any disability premium. Enhanced or severe. X

• Posted

It wasn't here that told me i was in support group. That was a couple of weeks ago after waiting 10 weeks for the decision makers letter. Sorry I didn't explain it properly in my first bit. X

• Posted

Thanks Gill, I was so curious lol

I must have got mine during assessment phase because I had been previously getting it with working tax credit? 

At least DWP should sort it out quick (wish you good luck for trying to get through on a Monday morning tho rolleyes)

Forget about it til Monday and enjoy the weekend sun x

• Posted

Hi I used to work for the DWP contact centre and they only have a skeleton staff on after 5pm.  Much better to ring earlier if you can.  Friday afternoons and Mondays are always the businest times so you might have more success on a Tuesday instead. 

You shouldn't have been put on hold for that long though - that's ridiculous.  Where I worked it was very busy with constant calls,  but then I read in the papers  people screaming about 'too many civil servants'  and 'it's costing us too much money'.  This is the end result I'm afraid.  

Also did you know too that staff off sick/holidsys etc. are still counted as being in?  Ridiculous.  Good luck with your query.  x

• Posted

Hi hypercat, i knew ringing at that time was a long shot but i didn't realise i needed to ring till half 5 so thought i'd try so that i was't sat till monday wondering.. but yeah unfortunately i was cut off cos it was after 6.

Never mind, i'll be ringing in the morning.. try and get in first beore the queues buildup.lol. 

x

• Posted

Good luck gill, I hope you get through. x
    • Posted

If you are going to ring Monday try dead at 8am as this is the quietest time on a Monday.
  • Posted

Well the call has been made, the agent wouldn't confirm or deny my entitlement, which i expected as they are not the decision makers, but she put me on hold for 4 mins which i assume she was checking my entitlement before she came back on and said yes no problem i'll sendyou the form out.

she did how ever comfirm that if i am entitled it will be backdated to when i became entitled which will be february. so more waiting and seeing, but i'm hoping that the putting me on hold was her checking and that they wouldn't be sending me the form if i wasn't going to qualify.

we'll see i guess. 

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.