severe disabilty premium

Posted , 4 users are following.

just been awarded sdp as living alone, i am 76 on aa.

son has informed me he want to come and stay in few weeks as he has split off with partner.

when should i notify dwp as i wont longer be entitled as he will be with me until he gets him self sorted.

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ajay as Denise stated you should tell the DWP as soon as possible as you have a material change of circumstances and any delay could lead to an overpayment which the DWP would want you to pay back.

Is your son working and are you in receipt of any other benefits such as Housing Benefit, Income Support or Council Tax Benefit? If so they would potentially be affected if he was to move in as 'non-dependent adult' and again an overpayment could occur which you would have to pay back.

• Posted

the house is paid for no mortgage.

i am recieving only state pension along with pension credit and attendance allowance.

sdp only awarded last week as aa awarded on the 21/06/2016 and sdp backdated. recieved first payment last week

son is working full time. he will move back in the next two weeks

shall i write to them now or wait when he moves in?

• Posted

As previosuly said wait untill he moves in then ring them and tell them the changes. DWP don't always recieve the letters that are sent to them. If this happens and over payment will accur and you'll end up owing them money.

• Posted

Thanks Ajay.

Your state pension will not be affected nor will your Attendance Allowance. You could possibly lose your SDP and maybe some pension credit although this is not definate. You would also need to inform your Local Authority that your son has moved in as you will lose the 25% discount on your Council Tax Bill for living alone.

Phone them on the day (not before) and back this up with a recorded delivery letter.

• Posted

sorry no housing benifit claimed ever 
  • Posted

Hi I would take this as just a visit as you don't know how long he will be staying.  If it is clear he will there long term then tell the DWP.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.