SEVERE HEad Pressure Postop. PLEASE HELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had surgery 9 weeks ago. Craniotomy, duraplasty, c1 laminectomy. Ended up in icu 9 days with pneumonia and csf leak. Did blood patch. Recovery was very difficult with pneumonia. About 5 weeks ago I started getting pressure in occipital region. Pins and needles, head still numb. The only time pressure relieves itself, when I stand up. Feel like my brain is going to pop out, dizziness too. It's horrible. NS did ct scan, he said everything looks great. Nothing wrong. WHAT? Please help....this is worse than before surgery. GP and NS are both saying, you should be fine now. Cured!! Ugh!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I told my doctor there was no improvement too. Like you, the imaging was perfect. I went to the ER so many times I can't count it anymore. I finally had to accept the outcome. No one would do anything. Your situation may be different. I would get a 2nd opinion. Hope you feel better.

• Posted

OMG worst nightmare going through surgery and still having problems!

I ve recently put off having surgery for fear of unknown

Sorry can't help

Hope things pick up

• Posted

Hi Cheri, sorry to hear about your news, my operation running smoothly, but instead of staying 6 days at the hsopital I ended up 6 weeks, the recovery period depending on patient to patient are tdifferent but i wa told by my NS MR Flint - the first 6 weeks was hell, andits true, but then if you listen to the advice to take it slowly.youare getting there, I thought I was going to die, but I kept thinking to myself..its only going to get better, make sure youdrinks 2 ltrs liquid a day, enough protein fro your brain, walking or do any gentle exercises such as Yoga, Tai Chi or Pilate as well as stretching..you will get better.., liaise with your gp and NS, make sure they know what you have been through be assertive to them and ask them to help you...they are there to help the patient..try to put yourself in their position..they do not know anything, but if you get involve and take charge of your issue and relay to them they would really appreciate that as well...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.