Severe health anxiety!!!!! Need help.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've gone from being a confident 20 year old to someone who can't do anything and thinks that I've got all sorts of cancers.

I'm suffering from severe bloating, my body cant handle certains foods...stomach cramps, gas, tingling sensation all over my body and just general worry and it's driving me nuts!

All I think about is that I have stomach cancer or some sort of cancer and I really don't know what to do anymore.

Everyone thinks I'm mad

Is anyone else having these problems???? I really can't cope anymore

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Ryan your fears could be your and mines imaginations cause 4 some illness is very real. I wanted to tell yu what I had to do 1st is calm down buddy you can hear your crys from reading what little you wrote. I am noone to talk tried killing myself 3 times cause of Stridor and COPD togethor tourching mr all day and night anf not having the medical community come up with the plan I wanted to hear Ok so take it slow talk to a couple different Dr's then you may see a light at your end ok Take care Eric K
  • Posted

You need a healthy diet and to exercise. Your diet is messing up your stomach. Sone probiotics like culturelle and no sodas, pop, or junk food. Drink lots of water you can cut lemons or lines for flavor. Your stoach is a mess from your diet, poor life choices and stress. Its fixable. In terms of the health anxiety focus on eating better and healing your belly. 
  • Posted

I had this terrible phobia in the past that every little sensation, ache and pain was cancer and kept running to the dr for reassurance.  One day I thought I had a brain tumour and a finally said to myself that I would accept the fact that this is going to be the end and try to live out what is left of my life.  Once I did that I felt a  lot less anxious.  Of course it wasn't a brain tumour as it went away and I'm alive after all these years.  But accepting death was the only way I was able to deal with the cancerphobia.  
  • Posted

I'm the same. Either cancer or aneyrusm. I get headaches and head pressure. I also get dizzy. Plus my breasts hurt so I think breast cancer. Stomach upset, cancer. Throat hurts? Cancer, hemmroids or anal cancer, asthma acting up or lung cancer. It's been a living hell and I'm almost 29, been suffering for the past 2 years. I get physicals every year. I've had multiple blood tests, all good. Pap smears are clear, no STI, had an upper endoscopy done and o was good. X-ray on my lungs, good. MRI on my jaw which I assume shows the brain and ct on my head for the headaches, clear. The funny thing is, on the MRI it showed a cyst in my neck and that doesn't bother me, cause my dr reassured me. I still worry about my bum but I'm assuming the pain is hemmroids but I haven't had a flare up in awhile so I forget what it felt like. But I've had the paps done and nothing wrong about the anal area. But still it's so hard. I might talk to my dr about the anxiety when I go for my yearly physical in January
    • Posted

Right now I went to put a bra on and saw a tiny red dot. Like the size of a small earring stud. (only way I can compare size.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.