Severe nightmares EVERY night

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I've been struggling with anxiety, depression, overeating and I am currently on a variation of medication:

- Prozac

- Beta blockers (not daily)

- Mefenamic Acid

- Mini Pill

- Iron Tablets

For the past, I'd say a decade, I've struggled with nightmares. But over the past six months, they've got unbearable. Every single night I have confusing, real feeling, overwhelming nightmares/dreams. 

I always always feel tired, I mean like I can't stay awake at work and nap through the day. I seem to sleep better, without nightmares (or not ones I remember) in the day, to what I do on a  night.

It's ruining my life, I'm tired all the time. I'm too anxious to sleep.

What's wrong with me? Please help??

I'm too scared to talk to the doctor because I have to go already there for my PCOS, Ovarian Polyps, General Anxiety & Depression. I don't to add more to the list and them to think I'm stupid/silly.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You can't get diagnosed on this forum - it's a support group for patients, not a medical advice site.

I'd urge you to go back to your doctor and discuss this openly. You won't be thought silly. Your medications really need to be looked at for a start. The first three on your list all have nightmares among their possible side-effects!

Please talk about this openly with your doctor. You can't go on like this and there could be a simple solution just in adjusting your meds.

• Posted

You should speak with your doctor about this.

For me prozac also citalopram caused vivid and very real feeling dreams.

• Posted

Sounds like Prozac is not the drug for you....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.