Severe pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, just wondered if anyone else suffers with sever pain in pelvis area and around hip ? The pain is so bad comes and goes within about half an hour but I can hardly stand or walk and painkillers don't do a thing.

any replies welcome regarding the pain as I'm looking to go back to the doctor.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not sure if you mean your pain is related to other ibs symptons. You should visit dr as the pain in pelvis and hips could be something else
  • Posted

Kim

No good being in pain see your GP and see if some tests would help you move on.

I suffer PsA and I use a TENS Machine to control pain,, I also suffer Sciatica in both hips/legs and that is caused by my Chronic Disability.

Push for tests and hopefully you will become more comfortable

BOB

• Posted

I have been having something similar fir a while.  Probably two separate things. Have complained of left hip pain for quite sometime.  X-rays didn't show anything.  Sent for PT but that never helped.  Then I developed a pain in my colon area but near the left hip.  Kept complaining to my GI telling him it was not the hip.  It would come and go and would seem worse a while after I ate.  He ordered an ultrasound and pelvic X-rays but nothing showed up.  He finally decided to do a colonoscopy (I was due this year anyway).  Did find a couple of polyps but still nothing in that area!!  I have had past surgeries so he said it might be an adhesion.  Makes no sense why it would seem to happen after eating but it is no worse.  It was actually my GI doctor that pursued the hip issue and ordered an MRI.  Just had that done and seems I have bursitis in that hip and some tendon issue there and in my pelvis.  You might ask about a colonoscopy and an MRI.

• Posted

Maybe the pain after eating was due to the polyps, adhesions or a food intolerance.  Have you kept a food diary?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.