Severe pain, any advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had PCOS for about 2 years now. Was diagnosed when I was rushed into hospital with what they thought was my appendix bursting, turns out it was the cysts bursting! So whenever I get this pain I put it down to them bursting again. But today it is unbearable. I've tried pain killers, hot bath, warm drinks.

Has anyone got any advice on what could possibly help the pain?

Thank you! X

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi olivia92306,

Dong Quai, (you can find the supplement in any supermarket or chemist), i found was very soothing for that time of the month l too have pcos for a long while (almost 21 years) so i hear your pain.

With pcos comes insulin resistance and a whole array of unwanted side effects.

Apparently its something to do with magnesium deficiency and lacking in some of your B vitamin groups like vitamin B1, B2, and so on.

All these little deficiencies mount up till our bodies start presenting with symptoms ie: PCOS.

Berberine a herbal supplement i heard is supposed to be just as good as metformin for insulin resistance only in herbal form & wont deplete your body of other nutrients, and magnesium glycenine is supposed to be good as well. Cause our bodies absorb that type of magnesium, as they're so many ranges of magnesium that they do not stay in our bodies long enough to absorb to get the full benefits, as opposed to this type of magnesium i just mentioned.

Well the best of luck and i hope i have given you some good leads to better health.

• Posted

The only pain I have experienced was when I was off the pill, and since finding out that Maca root help level off hormones as well I have been dealing with my pain! It is a lot more manageable than before while off the pill, I would be vomiting and admired to hospital with possible kidney stones! All turned out I had PCOS and a rare bladder infection.
    • Posted

I stopped taking my pill about 2 weeks ago! I had to go to hospital last night cause of the pain and the doctor said I had signs of a bladder infection too. So your reply explains a lot. Thank you!
    • Posted

Happy to help! If it helps I take Maca root about 1500mg a day for my PCOS pain and I also have recently started taking oregano oil capsules to help fight the bladder infection as the antibiotics the doctor gave me didn't really work!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.