Severe pain daily.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Some basic background info. In 2014 my eyesight suddenly deteriorated, severe migraines, I developed pulsatile tinnitus.. I had a CT scan and nothing was discovered so I was just told to live with it.

I have been struggling with headaches and migraines ever since, but within the last month they've gotten worse.

I've had a headache every day for the past week and half, both my temples feel swollen and hurt and my neck is so tight.

I feel sick due to the pain in my head. Regular painkillers do nothing for me.

Right now as I'm typin this, my brain feels as though it's bursting out of my skull.

I don't want to go to the doctor only to be turned away and told to 'deal with it' anymore.

If nothing dodgy showed on the CT scan, then what is wrong with me? This pain is severely affecting my life, I can't get out of bed when it's like this. Please any suggestions or help? I'm so desperate rolleyes

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It could be stress and anxiety. I also had some pressure in head and felt about to explode. It was from stress and depression. Now I feel better trying to relax and to read bible. Find something relaxing. Hope you feel better. My prayers going to your waysmile

• Posted

you poor thing, i have a dear friend recently diagnosed with Temporal arteritis

Perhaps you can investigate this? if you're a middle aged woman it might be hormone related also, like perimenopause.

I hope you're ok.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering sad

Back in 2012 I was diagnosed with a variety of migraines, the works being hemiplegic, which is basically like a stroke (not fun). I've been kinda told to live with it, but these things really helped:

- Give up pain medication. Sounds insane, but painkillers make headaches and migraines worse over time

- Take turmeric daily. It's a naturally anti inflamatory and over time is more powerful than ibuprophen.

- If you haven't, do a food elimination test. I found that sweeteners, caffeine (which is in tea, coffee and chocolate) and MSG were all major triggers for me.

- See how you react around areas with LED/strip lights. This can be in offices, supermarkets, hospitals, even at home. They emit a very fast flicker which can trigger headaches and migraines - I wear sunglass in supermarkets!

- Rest - find a way to relax and meditate. I had hypnotherapy which really helped me find a way to zone out.

These don't always work, but can make a massive difference.

Good luck xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.