severe sweating

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I am new to this but here goes to see if I can get some help. I suffer on a daily basis with exess sweating you can sit and watch the watter as it comes out of my arms, face and neck areas to name but a few I have had recent blood results and all is normall there. I am on tablets for diabetis and have cronic back problems that I take opiods for, my chemist has informed me that none of my medication would cause me to sweat to the extent that I am. I saw a doctor last week and as far as he is concerned he does not know what to do. I am very embarised and dont know where I can get any answers. I am in my early 50s and would just wish I could have a day without pouring of sweat. Has anyone got an answer for me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ranger.  I too suffer from dreadful sweating-mainly face neck hairline area. The ends of my hair gets wringing wet-so uncomfortable & embarrassing.  I am on a tablet called sertraline for anxiety & recently discovered that this can cause excess sweating. I found this out from a forum on here & not from my doc. In fact when I told her about the bad sweats she did not even mention that it could b medication so I did not relate the two. I don't have an answer for u I'm afraid..I wish I did! I'm in process of trying to slowly reduce my meds to see if it will help. So I would not b so sure that your meds are not causing this in spite of what gp says. Did u try to see if there is a forum here for other people who are on same med? It is a great way of finding out if other people are suffering the same side effects & maybe get some tips.
    • Posted

Hi Cherry I am on a large number of different medications and that is why I spoke to my phamacist as I know he is very knowlegable and is always happy to try and help. the only med that I have that could cause some sweating is Amitryptaline this is sometimes used for depresion but in my case it is being used for pain relief and phamacy have informed me that this would not resilt in the extreme sweats I am suffering. As for forum regarding match for my meds I would have to cross referance a total of 10 differant medications. Many thanks for your idears I will try and look up other areas on the forums and hopefully I may get some other help from this post
  • Posted

Hi there,

There are a couple of products the chemist recommended to me for under arm sweating. The general name is aluminium chloride and there are 2 products they said i could try. i tried anhydrol chloride at approx £4 for a roll on. I only put it one one night and washed it off next morning. I have been dry for over 3 days since. I have flashed a bit of lynx on but only lightly to smell nice. I have been totally dry and very impressed. it stated to put it on 2 nights in succession but 1 night had the results listed.

I dont know what areas you can use this on but it is listed on this site as a treatment for excessive sweating. I reckon it is actually going to save me money and is giving me total dryness and i am really pleased.

• Posted

Since I started to wean myself off the sertraline the sweating has improved dramatically

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.