severe venlafaxine side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Help, gp changed my antidepressant to venlafaxine yesterday for anxiety and depression suppose to take 75mg but after taking 37.5mg I became so severely nauseous now too ill to go work today. Is this normal will it pass or should I just stop now?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. It should go away soon. But please take them just after you've had food it helps a lot.

• Posted

When I started on ven I also took motilium or stemetil to counter the nausea.  Might be worth asking the doc to give you something for the first couple of weeks.
  • Posted

I had the same problem when I started with them last year (75mg ) these meds and my psychiatrist saved my life , I lost some weight the first 2weeks of taking them, and had some other issues too , but they all eased and I felt like a new person. Just recently increased dosage due to my body getting used to them no negative side effects yet even though life has been kicking my butt. I'm back in control of the PTSD depression/Anxiety again. Find some sort of physical activity that you can do or enjoy it will help with the side effects too , yoga and cycling are what works for me

• Posted

Thanks for your response really good to know and very reassuring

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.