Sexual Health - Fishy Odor/Yeast Infection

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I'm 15 years old.

Never had any sexual activity or any sexual relationships.

My penis seems to have a fishy smell odor and i think i have a yeast infection of some sort! I think it's been around for a while but i have only recently noticed it. Sometimes when I pull back my foreskin there is smegma there (only sometimes). I have masturbated before. 

Many Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, what you have described seems very normal..

Within the foreskin, small amounts of sweat, urine and semen collect,  which creates natural bacteria and produces the smell.

Masterbation is also normal - Of course hygiene is important, so always wash up.

Also as we enter puberty our bodies change and we sweat more, so hygiene becomes more important over all.

A yeast infection may produce other symptoms, like rash, or irritation to name a couple. Best way to know for sure is to ask your Doctor. Don't be embarrassed, because Doctors have heard and seen it all. If you do feel embarrassed, tell him - "This is embarrassing but I would like to know the answer"...  - If it is a yeast infection it can most likely be remedied easily. If it's not a yeast infection and simply a normal bodily reaction, he should have some tips on what you can do. Hope this helps. Matt

• Posted

Hi

It is not unusual to have yeast infection under the foreskin or on the glans. It is accompanied by white secretion, Odour and Irritation.

Please do get in touch with your doctor.

In yeast infection Clotrimazole provides immediate relief.

Also you should get your Sugar levels checked. Yeast is a normal flora of the glans and gets out of control in case the blood sugar levels rise.

• Posted

Sounds like you have some odor-causing bacteria collecting in your smegma.  Totally normal my young friend.  Start using a penis health creme containing Vitamin A every day.  The Vitamin A will destroy the bad bacteria, thus elimininating the unpleasant smell.  Hope this helps and good luck.  
  • Posted

Smegma is normal specially to men with intact foreskin. Smegma is actually dead skin cells, sweat and other impurities that get collected under the foreskin. What causing the smell is actually the waste matter produced by bacteria that feed on sweat and smegma. To get rid of foul odor, smegma and sweat must be eliminated to there will be no ideal environment for bacteria to thrive on hence the importance of daily showers/bathing/washing. Another solution to genital odor is the application of antibacterial product for the male private parts such as ToppCock male hygiene gel which destroys bacteria and microbes before they start causing bad odor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.