Shaky legs

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, just wondering whether anyone else has really shaky legs when going downstairs? My legs shake visibly and uncontrollably when I walk downstairs and I just wonder whether anyone else has this symptom. I forgot how bad it was as I live in a bungalow so dont do it often these days but today I had to! It was quite embarrassing and unnerving.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes I get really shakey legs when I'm sat down or like they feel really weak when walking wk I sit down and they shake xx
    • Posted

Hi Katie, do yours really shake when going downstairs, like a rattle I mean? I just dont understand why this has started, its a weird thing. I get a little shaky at other times, all over, but this is crazy shaky! Lol x
  • Posted

Unfortunately as we age these things happen. I always thought going downhill more nerve-wrecking than going uphill. All I can say is use the stair-rail for supporI,  it gives me a bit of confidence holding on to something.
    • Posted

hi Karry. I am not old, only 46. They shake visibly and uncontrollably. I have never seen anyone's legs do this before, so I just wondered whether it was a common fibromyalgia symptom
  • Posted

no i havent but i suppose it could be linked with weakness caused by not useing the stairs ,being in a bunglow , so it was a strain on the muscles that havnt been used for a while .my left leg buckles for no reason some times ,and if i get anything under my shoe i am gonna . so i think its general weakness , from lack of use .

iv brought a powered treadmil and i am working on strenghting my leg muscles  i dont want to start having falls and breaking things at my age , i broke a bone in my hand and my nose last year ,just from stepping on a uneven pathment . thats when i decided to do something , painful yes but not as much as the bruses and breaks from falling

, gps and speiclist recommend moderate excersise  so i may only be able to do a pervected 2 or 3 mins 3 times a day but its something ,plus as long  as you dont push your self to do to much it makes you feel better to

• Posted

i brokemy hand last year too, falling on to the loo! Lol not funny actually I screamed the place down. Was about 2.00 a.m. So frightened kids too. I was struggling holding on to anything and everything and the loo seat was up. As I put it down I fell and landed on it still coming down and my hand was on the actual loo so got caught under the seat and will the force of the fall (and I didnt realise my bum was that big! Lol) my hand AND the loo seat broke! 
    • Posted

sounds like something out of laurel and hardy, never the less painful thou.

i had my toilet raised  because i didnt like having a old peoples hand rail  by the side to get up and down , i find lowering my self to sittng position tricky i am ok so far then its like my muscles cant hold me and a plonk down ,

if you want to raise your loo. you will need several layers of marine ply cut about one inche larger than your toilet base allround

glued together to how much you want it raised , i had 3inches when

compleatly dry and firm paint in white gloss ,screw to the floor, and then screw the toilet base to the marine ply pylth. your need some one with good diy skills. it works well and a lot cheaper than a higher toilet or having to use one of those horrid height seats. from social services

also iv found i can only manage mules in the summer,and small healed cowboy boots in winter , instead of buying those cadgets to pull on your boots if thats what you wear, put inche wide elastic thru the pull loops on the boots place your foot in and down then pull the elastic

• Posted

Hi i am an 18 year old mother of two. I have had a c section with both of my girls and an epidural. My first was a harsh recovery but everything was at least normalbesides my back muscels weakening and giving out. Now i just gave birth via c section to my second and now every time i go down the stairs my legs shake like crazy and start to get really weak but they are fine going up the stairs besides that i get tired out. this didn't accur until two days ago but i had my c section two weeks ago

• Posted

I had this happen to after a surgery. My Doctor said anesthesia puts nerves to sleep and sometime they stay that way for 8 to 8 weeks. My legs did stop shaking after about 6 weeks.  But, they have started again and I have schedule to see my Doctor again.   I'll post when I get new information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.