Sharing Good News

Posted , 8 users are following.

Im so happy with my Dr i just have to share it with you all, I asked for an appt on Monday and got one for Tuesday 9.40. I have a problem with my bladder, ok we will send you for a scan, Im having problems sleeping can i have something, a prescription followed, can i have a dexa scan, yes i will send you for one, what preds are you on, im on 8mg going down to7 1/2 on saturday , good have you booked a blood test we will check for diabetes plus  do a urine sample Job Done took all of about 10mins tops, I do love her.

5 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well done to you Liz, make sure you always manage to book an appointment with her and all the best re your bladder problem. Regards, tina
  • Posted

Sounds like mine! It is so nice not to have to argue the toss or beg isn't it?

The urinary problems could be PMR which can lead to irritable bladder syndrome - or are you on calcium supplements? If you don't drink enough and your urine gets very concentrated it can lead to calcium grit forming and that can irritate your bladder. Happens to me if we are travelling and I don't have my x cups of tea through the day! 

• Posted

Not sure i can do anything if it is that as i have never drunk much i dont like water only like cups of tea, just have to see what the scan comes up with. I have been staying on each dose of preds for a month going down by a half and so far i have had no hiccups only at the very beg. where i panicked should i keep going like this do you good folk think!
    • Posted

Yes!  But up the drinking!

Great to have good news.  It's been lacking recently.

• Posted

You NEED getting on for 2 litres of fluid a day and really, for your health's sake, it doesn't really matter whether you LIKE water or not!  Don't get the highly sugared flavoured waters - the stuff out of the tap is fine but if you don't like the taste add some lemon juice or diluting squash or maybe try sparkling water. I don't like tap water particularly but I slowly changed to it rather than sparkling water.

Nowadays I dilute some tea with tap water and add a bit of lemon juice - I really enjoy it now, wasn't so keen at first. The second large pot of tea in the morning is only about half used so I put about a third of a mug tea, top up with water and lemon juice. No sugar. Sometimes in summer I drink it cold or lukewarm. In winter I heat it for a minute or two in the microwave. I drink at least 8 mugs a day...

• Posted

No chance of me doing that im afraid i have a phobia of lemon after having to drink it for a procedure at the hospital and ended up on the floor. I know i should drink more, just had appt for bladder scan(how efficient is that) and have to drink 2pints in an hour and no going to the loo, that is going to be difficult. The Dr said they would tell me there and then if there was a problem, has anyone else out there had this done!
    • Posted

Yup - 3 times and I had a "urethral stretch" done each time too. I was told at the time what they found.

I had one in Germany - no pain relief which was normal there and it was OK, just pinched a bit but nothing like period pain, one in the UK where I again had no pain relief out of choice having not had any the first time - the nurses were standing with their legs crossed! The third was here in Italy, again no pain relief.

Don't worry - in the UK it isn't normal to have no analgesia but it was quicker to get it done since I was already there and it would have meant waiting for an anaesthetist who was busy elsewhere. Entirely my choice!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.