Sharp chest pain and mental confusion

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had the flu for three days now and today randomly I have been having sharp pains in my left pectoral ! I feel like it's my heart. It comes and goes though. When it happens I get kind of dizzy and confused for a min. Anyone have an idea?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Kyle

If you have had a cold or flu, we all cough this can effect the muscle in the chest and down your sides. What happens is your lungs expand when you expand your chest to cough the lungs then pressagainst your rib cage and you can become sore. Then we become frightened to cough

If you suffer Anxiety, that will make you feel worse

Go to the Chemist and ask your Pharmacist what he would recommend to stop coughing and deconjest your lungs. There are Linctus that now deal with the whole list of coughs, I used one several weeks ago and it worked well. Sometimes an inhalent can be a good idea.

If you still bad after an extended period, see your GP

BOBĀ 

• Posted

Sounds like you have become overly anxious about the pain and that will be why you have the dizzyness and confusion.

It is common...

Drink plenty of fluids stay as relaxed as possible. Give your self time to get over the flu.

If there is no improvement in a couple of days give your surgery a call. x

Hope your feeling better soon.xx

• Posted

Oh boy i had the flu in Decemeber it was a mess! It honestly took about three weeks for the flu to calm down then about a month or so to get over the complications from it, i feel for you. Watch what meds you take many have weird side effects and steer clear of decongestions. They have great alternative remedies for the flu without nutty side effects. Any chest pains accomoaning fevers is ok to go and have your lungs checked out by your gp or a walk in urgi center. Know the ten days from the start of the flu till that moment you will feel like crap. Its the flu. Dizzy is normal. Drink all you can and rest all you can. My anxiety gets way off during the flu so if you are like me just be aware that it is sickness related. This isnt a time to really worry about much except healing from the flu. Noone feels good during it, feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.