Sharp Lower Abdominal pain with throwing up.

Posted , 2 users are following.

While I was working I felt sharp abdominal pain.It was as if I haven't eaten all day and my stomach was feeling that sharp empty kind of pain,but that wasn't the case,for I ate quite normal that day.My job requires of me to keep moving,so I couldn't really sit down and see if that would help.I learned that,at times when I had to pickup stuff(thus curling my body),the pain was somehow subdued.Not long after the sharp pain,I felt like I had some acid in my throat,and sure enough it was the beginning of my throwing up series.I was throwing up the next 24 hrs,and it feels like it has passed,what worries me,is that I don't know what caused it.Do you have any ideas? Should I be worried? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. My husband has a very active job and if he doesnt sit for a while after eating, he ends up with bad stomach pain and a lot of acid reflux. If you eat and move around before its properly gone down, this could cause you a lot of pain and send acid up to your mouth. You could always try taking digestive enzymes to help with your digestion.
  • Posted

curling up helps relax your tummy and internal organs, triggers several nifty comfort reflexes and generally makes anything better.

As for the pain:

How did it start (suddenly, slowly?)

Was it constant?

Was there anything that made it better or worse?

How long did it last for?

Are you on any regular medications?

At this point it sounds like you picked up a stomach bug which your body took a disliking to, however that's based only on the snapshot you started with.

• Posted

I'm not really sure when it started(so,I quess it means it started suddenly),I can only say that when it started to hurt it was a constant and sharp pain that didn't really change its intensity up until the throwing up bit.Nothing really made it better,I tried drinking more water and eating dry snacks,but nothing.At moments,when I stopped to bend,it felt like the pain was blocked,like that '' empty '' feeling went away.Not really,I get migraines,so I take an Excedrin or two.
    • Posted

There is a condition known as abdominal migraines which is quite rare (about 4% of adults get it) and it is more common in females and in people who suffer with migraines. The sudden onset, duration, spontaneous fixing, vomiting, and severe pain would all fit with an attack of abdominal migraines.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.