Shivering with cold and hot face

Posted , 2 users are following.

I always get tired easily for as long as I can remember, for the last 3 years I've been really tired all the time, I ache if I stay still for longer then a few mins, also at night my sides ache if I stay still, I also get aches in my shoulders if I carry anything and I'll last days, recently my knees have started aching while walking, I've started shivering with cold but my face is very hot, I have a raised esr, does anyone have any idea what's going on.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

A raised ESR can mean polymyalgia rheumatica with painful shoulders and hips/legs, tiredness and flu like feelings. It normally only affects people of fiftyish upwards although you can get it in your forties. I do not know how old you are.
    • Posted

I've just turnt 39 in December, thank u for replying x

• Posted

Can sweeteners make it worse x
    • Posted

I am not sure if sweeteners would make it worse. You probably are a bit young for polymyalgia but it is possible I suppose. You could have an auto immune disease or even vitamin D deficiency. Have you been tested for your vit D level? 
    • Posted

About 4 years ago I did have a vitamin d deficiency and had it checked again about 4 weeks ago and was 26, doctor said anything from 25 is considered normal, I was thinking it might be fibromyalgia as I do have most of the symptoms but don't remember shivering with boiling hot face one of them, when I was on sweeteners my symptoms got worse and worse but has improved since I've stopped, x

• Posted

Yes 20-50ng/ml for vit D is considered normal. 

It could be fibromyalgia, which does have similar symptoms to polymyalgia. The trouble with fibro is there is no test as such to say you have it, so it is a matter of discounting other things. Doctors can test on pressure points to see if there is pain which can point to the possibility of having it, but it is not conclusive. The raised ESR is unlikely to have anything to do with fibro though, so the inflammation is being caused by something else. Have you taken pain killers to relieve the pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.