Shocked, in pain,just diagnosed as.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I have just recently been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. In lots of pain and flare ups all over body now as well didn't expect that! Always been fit and well I have a better understanding of it from these discussions than from my dr who said I had it take these pain killers and that was that! So I have been looking it up on the web and forum discussions of fellow sufferers... it seems you have to find out yourself. I felt very shocked and alone with this,and although I friends and relatives say they understand unless you have it you can't imagine how a person feels! So thank you all for taking time to help others understand this horrible painfull condition

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi 🙋 Dingle dell,there are a lot of us out with this condition and have different symptoms,mine gives me headaches,neck pain,left arm pins and needles,legs that get heavy when you walk too far and other silly little things,have had several MRI scans and the last one I had resulted me being told my vertebrae had fused together so surgery was now not an option so its something you learn to manage and live with,good luck mate.
  • Posted

Hi, I've had this since January although my doctor didn't believe me, just kept saying it was my fibro. I had an mri which is when it was diagnosed. At which point my physio discharged me as there was nothing she could do! Long shot is, still on lots of pain killers, awaiting a neurosurgery appointment then as my gp put it, probably surgery. It's a long painful journey but good to know there are these forums to gain support and knowledge from fellow sufferers! I hope yours gets sorted soon and you are out of pain!

• Posted

Sorry to hear about this and can fully understand the pain you are going through especially at the early stages of the condition. The good news is things will only get better. You have not provided any information on the severity of your condition to be able to offer you specific advice. However if it is not severe you can expect full recovery within 4-6 weeks of using a collar and some physiotherapy. Please any information I provide you is as a patient who has undergone surgery and currenly improving.

Hope this info is useful to you.

• Posted

Thing is if your not lucky enough to have been cought early and it is a bit more advanced then things can change, as to the help offered, you know you do get used to the pain until you get bad flare ups, then I just rest till it eases off, with me that can take about a week if it's really bad, although not had that in a while.I have lived with cervical and lumber for over 48 years now and pain killers is all I get, as I said before you do learn to live with the pain and get to know what your body can and can't do, Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.