Shooting pains

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. I am 6 weeks post LTHR. And have started getting shooting pains in the bottom of my leg. I between my knee and my foot. Feels like it is on the bone there.

Does anyone else get this?

Hugs. Jules. X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I haven't (yet?) but I have read an awful lot of posts from people who have experienced this sort of thing, And I have had similar from a spinal problem. If it's the same thing as mine, and it sounds like it, it's likely a nerve and may correct itself. But if anything worries you at all, you should always speak to the doctor. That is what they are there for - to either tell you that something needs more investigation, or to tell you not to worry.

• Posted

Hi Julie, im eight weeks post op and i have a pain from my knee down to my ankle which by the end of day is swollen, its not a shooting pain its continuous but i think its just the way im walking, i am much straighter now. Hope yours gets easier.
  • Posted

Hi Julie

I had a similar thing in my thigh down to my knee, it was quite painful but eventually wore off. I'm 9 weeks post LTHR. I think it's just one of those things that can happen, we have after all had major surgery, however if it persists and you're concerned speak to your doctor.

Julie-Ann x

• Posted

hi julie, 

I am sorry to read this ...

did you get this pain after your fall last week?  maybe  a muscle was pulled after all .. are you walking differently ?... 

I know that I am a sloppy walker at times and don't finish my heel-to-toe step, usuallly when I am "rushing" - 

or it also could be a difference in leg length - even the slightest difference will throw you out of balance - 

when do you have your follow up appointment?   definitely mention the fall you had -

big warm hug ...

renee

• Posted

Hi Renee.

I have been getting mild stabbing pains in my shin for a while now. But last night was the worse. I went for my physio on Tuesday. They want me to go back because I swing my hips when I walk and do t bend my knees much at all. After suffering with OA for 12 years I have compensated for the leg length difference by walking like that. So I need to train my body to walk properly again now. I did mention I had a fall and they seems ok with that. I see my consultant on the 6th and with mention it to my surgeon then I guess.

Big hugs. Julie. Xxx

• Posted

it is challenging for me too ... the learning to walk correctly, I mean ..

I was so rigid and it still does not feel natural to me, hence the sloppy walking ... 

Are you wearing good shoes ?  I didn't in the beginning until someone here on the forum mentioned to get new shoes as old pre-op shoes are bad ..

I rub some muscle painrelief ointment on the area ... shin and calf and sometimes around the ankle - 

angel blessings

• Posted

I bought new shoes before my op and wouldn't wear them till after my hip was replaced. I was born with congenital hip displacement and was in a cast until I was 2 years old. Then I had stirrups around my legs and hips to help me walk. So I have been struggling all my life really. I just hope now I have my new hip they can sort my walking out. My hospital discharge letter does state that I need re-educating in relation to walking again, so that sounds positive 👍😀

• Posted

Hi Julie, I was getting pain in the shin of my unoperated leg until I realised that the tibialis muscle just under my knee on the outer side of my leg was all knotted up. Is your leg sore just under your knee ? Might be worth doing some massage ? Lxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.