Should I be worried?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everybody,

I've recently got a A1C test done because I've been having dry mouth issues and I wanted to see if it could be diabetes or not.

I got a 5.5, and i know that's considered normal, but should I be worried? It also said my mean blood glucose was 104.

about 3 months ago I had a non fasting test done and I got a 92. Just don't know if I should be worried or not.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I do not see any reason to be worried. You do not have enough numbers to make a solid determination.  I wish my A1C was 5..5  last test I had was 6.4 down from 8.9. I take insulin and test three times a day.

I do not have a clue what mean blood glucose is 

My rule is,  "what you eat, when you eat and how much you eat." Stress can help move the numbers up

Good that you are paying attention by the end of the year with 2 more A1C's  you should have a handle on what is going on. I would be deliriously happy  to get to 5.5 there is little chance for me to get bleow 6.0

• Posted

Okay, thank you.

Was just a bit worried because I was looking online and people were saying 5.5 is a bit high.

• Posted

I also would die for an A1C of 5.5. NB stress drives my numbers DOWN not up, which latter I gather is the accepted wisdom.
  • Posted

am I the only Type 1 person where stress seems to drive my numbers DOWN?! I wish it were not the case.

• Posted

at last; someone who reacts to stress like me; lots of articles say that stress puts UP your blood sugar number. Pleased to meet you Heather.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.