Should I be Worried?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone (pardon the bad grammer years of txt typing screwed up my literecy skills) I would like to ask for some opinions on my issues with my vision, it started about 2 months ago I woke up one morning with flashing in my peripheral vision it passed within a few days my vision has been reduced(now I need glasses) I now see shimmering in my vision (which has cleared up quite a bit in the last 2 months) in my house in the dark is where I mainly see it in the light or outside I don't notice it at all unless I'm looking for it, which is all the time now that I've noticed it I find it harder to see in the dark or look at dark objects and I noticed recently that the whites of my eys are blueish and vainy(red) the optician said my eyes were ok and that I'm just short sighted and my gp said I was ok but if I still felt something was wrong I should come back in a month  I have a little issue with glare after images (when I close my eyes) but that's decrease significantly as well. Should I book an appointment with another optiction or should I wait and see like the gp said 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Should also mention that I can't tell exactly but I think my pupils are not dilating in the dark but I can't find a way to test if they really are dilating or not

• Posted

Did your GP examine your eyes with a slit lamp?  They don't usually have one available to them.  An Optician can examine your eyes & can refer you to the Hospital Eye Service too if necessary.

I wonder whether you have the beginnings of a cataract?  Perhaps you should go back to the Optician you saw & say you are still having problems & ask whether it is a cataract.

• Posted

So many things can caus visual disturbances,look up pvd eye,perhaps cataract,sometimes its just something called phosphenes,floaters,vitreous issues,even something like the shape of your eye etc. If youd feel better seek another opinion. Most of the conditions are beniegn but can be a pain in the neck and worrisome,any eye issue causes anxiety,at least with me,im older and struggle with vision anxiety daily. Keep us posted. Bet you are fine. Also visual snow and dry eye can caus symptoms. Eyes are so complicated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.