Should I be worried? Horrible pressure in lower abdomen?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm asking in this forum because my Mom has IBS and has said what's happening to me is similar.

I've always struggled to go for number 2 regularly. I suffered severe constipation as a young child and have always only gone once a week or every week and a half.

No bowel movement is painless for me, it's been that way so long that I just didn't think anything of it.

The past week though I have had the most excrutiating bowel movements where I am in tears, I was tensing so much I felt a pop in my head (but I don't know what that couldve been, it wasn't nice though).. Aswell as that I have an awful pressure in my pelvic area, and well, it feels like when you're desperate for a wee but there is nothing there. It doesn't hurt to urinate but I am urinating far too much. The pressure I'm feeling isn't painful just uncomfortable, I can't lay down, I'm contantly squeezing my legs together which relieves the feeling for a few seconds. I'm waking up in the middle of the night with severe pain and then I will be on the toilet for and hour or two.

I don't want to go doctors if it's just a regular problem, is there anything I can do? Is it something serious? I've never felt so uncomfortable. My bladder and bowels ALWAYS feel full recently and it's an awful feeling. I'm starting to fear going to the toilet, I havent feared the toilet since I was a child.

I don't know what to do.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

For your own piece of mind get to a doctors appointment yesterday!! Nothing worse than feeling bad and getting depressed and worked up, it's probably something simple to rectify but if you don't go things will only be worse. they are there to help you not judge.
  • Posted

you shouldn't worry alot about it cos whenever the bowel is full it presses against the bladder causing pressure pain in the pelvis and the abdomen will normally hurt regarding the constipation one thing I did is eat fiber i take 2 medium sized carrots and boil and eat them you'll see how your bowels will get regulated cos there is enough fiber in them 

another thign is that when the bowel presses against the bladder it captures urine inside for a long time making you more prone for uti's 

another thing is that when constipation happens the bowel feels sore when you empty it so all that pain is IBS pain cos I've experienced it all but i managed to change it through diet 

If the constipation gets worse go to the Dr 

get well soon

• Posted

Your symptoms sound like IBS.  The bowel disturbance can affect your bladder too.  You can also get constipation or diarrhoea or both.  I started with constipation, stomach pains, loose stools, nausea, and back pain.  If a close relative has IBS, you are three times as likely to get it.  However, see your doctor for tests so other causes can be ruled out.
  • Posted

I used to be like this as very little need for the loo so when I started to have more virulent visits to the loo I was confused too. I would urge you to visit your doc.  I definitely have IBS as I have had many second opinions trying to rectify my problem. I had much pain and bleeding and I changed my diet drinking more water and eating more salads.  This stopped a lot of the pain but not the illness itsef. I get cramp in my right side under my ribs. I don't mind a little pain but this is excrutiating. I fear if I am not close to a loo.  Stupid I know but that is the way it is for me.

Please visit your doc.

Best

A

• Posted

The pain under your rib!! I've had a stitch like feeling  in that spot for two days. That's connected aswell? I just thought that was a completely irrelevant point so I didn't say. I thought maybe I was sitting wrong.

I do think a diet change is necessary for me, does the water help much? I know you said it does but has it helped you be more regular specifically or?

Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

It is less stitch and more electric shock.  Seriously I pull all sorts of John Travolta poses when it happens. I walk so I know stitches and this is much more painful.  If I had it in the street everyone would stare put it that way.

All points may be relevant you just do not know until you mention.

For me water is essential now and as much as I dislike salad I eat it.  I am better but as you will see from a post on my recent attack I am definitely not cured.  Mentally I want to work again but body wise it would be struggle.

• Posted

It'd be a perfect world if you could 'think' yourself well again. I wish.
    • Posted

I think we all wish that.  I only have to think back 6 years to days when I would get up early be in a field at 8.30am and spend the rest of that day walking around those fields or along the river without a care in the world and no thoughts on location of a loo or even any concern about the loo at all.  Those days have well and truly gone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.