Should I go and ask about my repeat prescription again?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I rang doctors to see if my repeat prescription was ready, and she didn't really know what I meant then told me my prescription be ready on Tuesday! My tablets run out on Monday, should I go in to doctors and ask again? I don't want to look stupid by asking again Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would call and say I was confused...and that I was told my prescription was called in but the pharmacy does not have the order.

They prescribed you the medication..you need it and you can't locate it for some reason...maybe they can help you understand WHY you do not have it.

• Posted

Which medicines do you take? If you're on antidepressants, you'll need to get your tablets on Monday, otherwise you would be risking going through withdrawal symptoms... This is a perfectly legit reason to request an emergency appointment with a GP, get a script and go to a pharmacy...

• Posted

hi the tabletd are already in your system so it won't do you any harm to miss a day,  but make sure you take them tuesday.

• Posted

Hi Kerry - first of all don't panic. One day without tabs will not damage you.  If the prescription is  still not there for pick-up on Tuesday, ask if you can see the doctor quickly in order to get it. Don't worry about looking stupid - I look stupid all the time and eventually people stopped telling me how stupid I look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.