Should I go to the hospital ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having abdominal issues for a few months now and have been doing tests to try and figure out what's going on, but today about half an hour ago I started getting cramp like pains in my abdomen and pelvis that progressively got so bad I was on my way out the door to the hospital, I felt better after using the bathroom and it's almost faded,but I've never felt pain like that before it really scared me and the attack lasted around 15-20 minutes. I drank quite a lot of alcohol the last 2 days, I've never had that kind of reaction to alcohol though. My family thinks I shouldn't bother since it went away

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi marie99158

I think you answered your own question...cut down on the alcohol.....best wishes...

• Posted

You should keep going back to the doctor until you get a diagnosis if you have had months of stomach trouble.  Ask about IBS if you have change of bowel habit along with improvement of symptoms after going to the toilet.  Keep a food diary and perhaps avoid alcohol.

What were the results of your tests and what was tested? Was anything suggested?  I started with random stomach pain last February,  The pain went away but by mid March it was back along with constipation, back pain and nausea.  Later I developed loose stools.  After three and a half monrhs of inconclusive tests, I was diagnosed with IBS.

• Posted

I'm think dairy seems to set it off the worst, I don't drink very often, but I've never had such an adverse reaction to alcohol before.

Over the last 5 months I've had ultrasounds,blood tests and a breath test and they couldn't see anything abnormal, an endoscopy is the next step but they've told me I'm on a 12 month waiting list. My doctor currently has me on indigestion medication which has helped a little. I'm hoping it's only

IBS. My doctor thought it was an ulcer or possibly stress, but since it's happening he's decided to look into it further.

• Posted

Cut out dairy and alcohol.  If your pain gets worse or you are too anxious to wait for your endoscopy, ask for it to be put forward.  12 months is too long. I went private for an ulrasound  because I couldn't stand the anxiety even though I only had to wait a month.

• Posted

I'm a little concerned ever since I had the intense pain in my lower abdomen/pelvis whenever I'm constipated, which is pretty often, when I strain to go it hurts all through that area, what could I have done ? My doctor put me on antibiotics, but I don't see how that could help

• Posted

Maybe your doctor thinks you have an infection.  Did your doctor not explain to you why he is giving you antibiotics and in what way they will help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.