Shoulder pain 2 years after surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

No issues until lately following shoulder surgery but of late I'm get severe pain especially at night and mobility is decreasing? 

Surgery was 2 years ago so I'm not sure if it's related ?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had rotator cuff surgery last April and am doing ok, although I still get pain. Do you have an option of seeing a therapist? I would try that. Perhaps some good stretching would possibly help? I find myself wondering if I'm going to have similar issues down the road. One exercise that seems to calm things down for me is putting my forearms on the walls and stepping into the corner. Hope you find something that helps. There's certainly nothing wrong with checking back with your surgeon as well. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Richella

I think I've exhausted most things to date including stretching exercises so I'm seeing my doctor on Friday and see what he suggests next ? I'm now taking Tramadol to ease the pain as its increasing on a daily basis..... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.