Shoulder pain/ plate and screws

Posted , 4 users are following.

OK so nearly two years ago I was knocked off my bike by a bus. I broke my clavicle displaced my shoulder and broke a rib or two. OK so the first 3 months I had to go around with a saggy shoulder held in a sling then I got the surgery. That took another 3 months in a sling. I've been fine up until now. So I was cycling a few weeks ago and I had a itch on my back... I stupidly used my bad arm now since this I've a horrible cramp feeling that just won't go away. Non of the prescribed pain killers are effective codine based ant anti inflamitarys . The only comfort I get is resting my arm in a specific position

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen your surgeon? 
    • Posted

No at the time I had private health insurance. Now I'm finding it hard to get in touch with the surgeon that done it

• Posted

I'm recovering from rototator cuff surgery. When I started physio I asked him if I could do any damage by doing these exercises as there was a lot of pain whenever I did them. He said that damage would only be done when doing resistance execises and that these isometric type of movements would not cause any tearing or "popping" of tendons etc. I am hoping this applies to you and the movement you did. It sounds like you've strained something though and it will take time for that inflammation to resolve itself. Definitely see a doctor though if you're concerned it is taking too long.

• Posted

The last time I told my doctor is had pain in my shoulder he told me I didn't ! He told me because I broke the collar bone I'm just feeling the pain in the shouder and that it was the collar that was causing the pain. But no its still defiantly the shoulder.

Only 3 months after finishing wearing the shoulder immobilizer I had a fall and broke the wrist and fractured my opposite arm. Since I had my wrist popped back in and my arm in a sling for a few weeks they healed perfect no pains no problems whatsoever.

• Posted

I think you should find a doctor that would send you for a scan, an ultrasound maybe.
  • Posted

Dear Jason. So sorry for your pain. If you haven't already, see your therapist. I'm so sorry you are hurting again. Shoulder recovery is rough. Even if you need to see your doc, it's my understanding that this soon after surgery, an MRI cannot be done because it will only show surgical scarring and or whatever. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.