Shoulder pain that moves??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been treated for 2 herniated cervical discs....steroid injections into the cervical space. My pain returns in the form of muscle spasms and trigger points around my scapula and into my neck. Yesterday my dr. gave me trigger point injections into my right shoulder which helped immensely and prescribed a steroid pack and follow up for another cervical steroid shot in a few weeks. Today I wake up and my right shoulder pain is better but my left is killing me. Wth? I have a sharp pain around my scapula that radiates into my neck and it hurts to turn. Why is this happening? Is the nerve now attacking my left side. I'm so frustrated over this. I've missed work and can't get anything done because I'm in constant pain. I'm icing, heating, taking steroids, muscle relaxers and pain meds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My dr suggested cymbalta but I'm already on Zoloft and had a bad experience with Effexor. Sorry for the book but I'm dying heresad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My absolute sympathy to you, having suffered chronic shoulder pain for six years myself. I don't have any advice, other than if you haven't suffered a direct injury to either shoulder turn your chances are good at getting through this.

However, instead of coming to rely on injections, I would seek the help of an osteopath who will take a holistic look at your muscularskeletal situation and perform dome soft tissue wok to help.

I have found much relief this way.

Best wishes, Nick

• Posted

I can try and look into an osteopath. I don't know of a specific instance when I hurt myself but it all started atleast 14 years ago when I was in the army. I have been diagnosed with 2 herniated disc which my ortho thinks is the culprit. I've been so depressed about this all. No one really understand the extent of my pain. I just feel like crying (and I do cry). I wish I could just fix it. My ortho says it's all myofascial pain resulting from irritated nerves.  I just wish there was an easier answer.
    • Posted

Myofascial pain is something an Osteopath should be able to help with.

I really would try it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.