SIBO

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I am 37 yo, and suffering of very bad IBS for many years. Can't have a normal life at all.

I also became intolerant to gluten at the time it started. But event with a good diet, I have symptoms (diarrhea mostly).

I did all imaginable tests but everything is normal (even video capsule)

I just heard about SIBO. Does anyone know more about it ? How do you make a test for it ? 

Thanks for your help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have sibo. U take a hydrogen breath test. If u Google it there is plenty of info on it smile
    • Posted

Thx Jo I ll look now. Do you have a treatment ? Feel better ?
    • Posted

Basically u do a breath into a machine as a baseline. Then u drink a sugary solution and every so often u do another breath that the machine reads. If the reading doesn't go up, u have to go on 3 different occasions and they givery u 3 different solutions to drink. Mine went up straight away. The treatment is a double antibiotic for weeks. I reacted to them, vomiting whenever I had them so got told to stop. I'm seeing a dietician soon. I'm lactose fructose and glucose intolerant according to the test. Oh joy!
    • Posted

So the test aims to find out intolerance to lactose/glucose/fructose ? Because I did blood test which only reveals gluten. So not sure it will be helpfull for me... Thanks Jo
    • Posted

Yes. I already knew I was lactose intolerant as it goes straight thro or I vomit within 2 hrs of dairy. Just cos bloods for gluten come back negative doesn't mean u don't have coeliac disease. The only way to be 100% sure is to have small bowel biopsies using a gastroscopy. This I know as I had it done on Friday! I'm praying its clear cos if not I have nothing left to eat basically!!
    • Posted

I did gastroscopy twice, scanner , IRM, biopsies, capsule...foung nothing. Just gluten intolerance. For coeliac desease i did blood test few years ago. I ll probably do it again very soon. Hope you ll be ok!
    • Posted

Thanks, you too! I'm on a seriously restricted diet as it is, no gluten would leave me with water and fresh air! I'm being checked thoroughly for crohns as all the things I have link with it sad Best of luck x
  • Posted

Hi

I have the same thing. I never heard of it. Maybe some others have. I am curious to find

Out.

Vivian

• Posted

I would try raw garlic in large doses to see if this helps. take at night with little food . chop up in to small bits down  two cloves at night with milk to make it possible to down raw garlic
  • Posted

I have SIBO, diagnosed by two breath tests and ruling out of other gastrointestinal disorders, as well as symptoms. The first two times I was treated with Xifaxin I did very well, but relapsed again and the third time, no effect. I have an appointment August 11th at Yale Gastric Motility Clinic to see what else can be done. It is an exhausting disorder, not to mention life-limiting. There is a lot of info out there on the web.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the article that was pasted in full here as it may breach other website's copyright. Please do not paste whole articles in posts. You can add a link to it and this will be approved as long as it complies with rules for posting links. If it doesn't then links can be exchanged via the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.