Sick after Myringoplasty

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had Myringoplasty on July 19th. Though I can't tell right now if my ear is healing with the packing still inside, I experience no pain. The only thing I have is the loud ringing but I've gotten used to it so it's no problem. Unfortunately I got sick on July 28th, having a sore throat and mild stuffy nose. I went to see the doctor the next day to get medication. I have been coughing with my mouth open, even I tried my best not to, it's just involuntary. I'm concerned that this will affect the eardrum. Will the cough and being sick prevent the eardrum to heal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

keep the meds going... Dont worry
  • Posted

Contact the ENT that did your myringoplasty and ask them what to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.