Sick of These Head Pains & Auras!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have already posted a couple of times, about this matter. I'm sick of it allll!! I'm not sure what to do, before I go to my doctor's appointment. I lose a lot of my vision for an entire hour during these episodes and am put through nasueation and excruciating head pains for hours after the auras are gone. I'm having trouble typing this, so it's taking forever...

I was at a church event last night and after being there for an hour, I got a migraine (no surprise!). Right now, I'm sitting here with horrible auras and I'm feeling the head pains come on. My anxiety is getting the best of me, and I'm sure this is not normal!!! I just did 3 job applications on my laptop (the brightness wasn't even that high), and now I'm dealing with this. sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi kayla. Sorry to hear that you are suffering. I so know how you feel as I'm going through similar things at the moment. Have you tried any medication at all? The pain and auras are so debilitating and can have a huge impact on the quality of your life. I'm currently working from home but was hoping to get a proper job when my daughter starts school in September, but my migraines are not under control so there's no way I could commit to a job knowing that I'd let them down all the time. The Meds I've tried are beta blockers, pizotifen, imigran, topiramate, which I stopped a few days ago but had 2 migraines in the last few days so now thinking of going back on them but the side effects are awful! Arghhhhhhhh. Hope you feel some relief soon and perhaps ask your GP for a referral to a neurologist x
    • Posted

Thank you. I feel much better, knowing I'm not alone in this. I have to make an appointment tomorrow, and I'm going to talk to my doctor about getting a refferal to see a nuerologist. That's already on the TOP of my list. I'm just dealing with a lot of crud lately. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I have OCD, and I'm dealing with constant headaches and frequent migraines that are sometimes everyday. Usually, I get one every other day. sad I really want to get a job, and I'm already applying. My family keeps saying that I'm lazy when I tell them that I want to get that stuff taken care of first...
  • Posted

Hang in there! I also have aura as well and get very dizzy / nauseous.  Try meditation and research single pointed focus.  This helps with the anxiety and depression I have found.  Heres to hoping you can find some relief.
  • Posted

Hi Kayla

Let us know how it goes at with GP.  Have you tried any alternative treatments to see if it would help with your anxiety - this in itself can probably make your migraines worse.  I like you have tried many meds and are waiting for botox treatment as last resort.  I also have many other health problems so have to manage my activities.  Instead of doing 3 job applications, just spend 20mins at a time on the pc, have a break, lie down and then start again.  Its little and often - don't push yourself as it will not do you no good,

I can not imagine what it is like without having the support of your family, and I know this blog is not a substitute, but we do understand what you are going through and will support you as much as possible.

Take care and hope your appointment goes well - take a notepad with your symptoms so you don't forget.

Claire x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.