Sick of these ups and downs

Posted , 12 users are following.

Sorry to message once again just having a really bad day. Anxious and can't calm down and can't get out of my head. There will be some evenings I feel so good and like myself just for the next day for it to be gone and like it will never come back. These ups and downs are so hard. Just when I think I am getting better it gets taken from me sad

This Thursday will be I think 5 weeks on 40mg. I just want it to level out and I want to feel like myself again especially with the holiday season coming up. I don't want to ruin it for my son and husband and family. I feel so lost today like I'll never get it back. Just want some positivity please. Will I have good calm days soon?

0 likes, 83 replies

83 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey

I know how you feel. I am the same 20 weeks on cit now nearly 4 weeks back on 20 after going up to 40.

Today and yesterday I have been ok but tues weds and thurs I was so anxious I went to the hospital. How long till the calm passes ? I can t make plans as I am so u npredictable. I feel like 2 people.

My psych may want me to switch meds but I ve got this far and want to give it at least 8 weeks on the same dose.

It is so frustrating. X

• Posted

I am happy at least you're feeling ok now. I am beyond feeling terrible and anxious and scared. I just want to cry. And thinking of Christmas makes me sad because I don't want to be this way for it. I just want to feel good again.

• Posted

Isabel

Its a constanst battle with our brains, we put more stress on ourselves when we have a family. But you need to be kinder to yourself. I am not sure where you live I am in australia and we have support services that you can call 24/7. Do you have that.

Renée

• Posted

I'm not sure I will have to look into it. I'm from Montreal,quebec Canada.

I do put so much pressure on myself especially to get better because I hate having my son and husband see me this way. Esp my son. He's 3.

And i am afraid it will ruin my relationship with my husband being so dependant lately.

I need to learn to be less hard on myself but sometimes I feel like I am not good enough or not meant to feel happy and calm. It's silly I know. And then the times I feel calm I start wondering when the anxiety comes back.

What dose are you on and how long have you been on citalopram?

• Posted

Isabel, I can hear your struggle in your voice. However your husband will understand and support you. I had PNS 14years ago and I felt the same, would my husband leave me and so on, but he was my rock. I went on to have 3 more boys and every now and then I do so much for others that I forget to look after myself..especially this time of the year and it doesnt help when there is so much negativity around especially in my workplace.

I am currently on day 9 at 10mg I think the most I went to was 20 and that made me feel like a zoombie. My maitance level was 10 so I am going to stay with that. I am also doing hypnotherapy which is great, its mediatation and they can get to you subconscious. I know its hard to hear but 2weeks is the worst. Up and down just tell yourself its the meds.

Are you sleeping? Renee

• Posted

I slept well last night but the two nights before I didn't sleep at all because I was worried about my best friend that was brought to the emergency room. So my anxiety got all crazy from that of course.

Yesterday evening ended up being much better than the first half of the day... But this morning anxious again! sad

• Posted

Hello 

You could try breathing exersises, also Relaxation Techniques, Mindfulness.

I know I keep saying the same thing, I realise the ups and downs are part of your condition and if somthing may work always give it a try. You have nothing to loose and a great deal to gain.

If not already ask for some CBT that may also help your condition and its control

B.

• Posted

Yes I am on a wait list for CBT. Should hopefully get a call within 4 weeks now.

Hoping sooner.

I've tried relaxation techniques etc but I am too in my mind I can't seem to focus on anything else. I will keep trying.

I haven't slept the last two nights so maybe that's making it worse. My friend was sent to the emergency and it freaked me out. And Friday I broke out in hives all over which freaked me out. I have health anxiety so every little feeling or change scares me. I know I need therapy especially for that.

• Posted

Try and relax, three weks time and hopfully things will begin to get better.

When we have people who know us are not well sometimes it is a good idea to disconnect your concerns.

There go by the Grace of God comes to mind.

Keep a hold

B.

• Posted

So you think I should give it 3 more weeks on this? I am afraid my doc will want to switch meds and I don't want to have to go through all that.

I will try my best to relax. If only I could shut off my mind for a bit lol

• Posted

Hello shut yourself off from others concerns, although you can still give support

B.

• Posted

HI I agree with borderriever I done a lot of relaxation and breathing when I was really anxious and it helps, I try to do it most days as they say you should do it even when your relaxed so your body knows the difference. Hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

I'll try to keep trying the relaxation techniques. Do you have any to suggest?

• Posted

Hi Isabel, There's a group called No Panic that I've been involved in for years if you look in the website there's all sorts to do with relaxation cd,s etc have a look x

• Posted

I feel terible this morning. Its a up hill battle. Sometimes I just wished I didnt start them.

Renee

• Posted

I know how you feel. But like everyone keeps saying we need to push through and give the meds more time.

Ups and downs are hard. Especially when you feel good and then wake and it's back

• Posted

Thanks isabella, hard day today. Went back to the drs and she said keep pushing on because this is normally. Really normal no thanks but I have come this far. She gave me Valium to take, not sure about valium.

I made some enquires about a health retreat that deals with anxiety and other health issues.

Renee

• Posted

If you really are having a hard time just maybe try the valium. Its worth a shot if you're having a really hard time.

What dose did you get and did they give you a lot ?

• Posted

I'm on citralopram 20mg & Valium 2mgwas a god sent for me I'm still having pain but anxiety has calmed down massively and I'm only on 2mg Valium x

• Posted

How long have you been on citalopram and valium? Do you take the valium every day?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.