Side effects

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone again, I have got some Ovestin Cream to help with my VA but I made the mistake of looking at the side effects on the paperwork. And its put me off using it.

Has anyone suffered any serious side effects from using HRT creams and suppositories etc?

One of the side effects mentioned is strokes. My mum had a bad stroke when there is no history of stroke in the family. It totally disabled her till she died 2 years later, 8 weeks ago today sad

I thought that as I got older my fears would be less but they are getting worse.

1 like, 140 replies

140 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Shirley

I cannot use HRT creams because my mother had breast cancer and is still a breast cancer survivor. However, I found a great natural remedy for dry itcheness inside the vagina. If you are not allergic to Vitimin E, you can buy the natural Vitimin E gel capsuls, maybe 100 IU. I take two gell  capsuls everynight before bed, stick a pin in one end of the gel capsul and squeeze out all the gel and apply it inside your vagina area , along the walls etc. It works great at healing and soothing. No side affects at all, just as long as you are not allergic to Vitimin E. I use to feel itch and have a little blood from the thinning of my vagina tissue. No more bleeding at all and no more itchyness. Hope this helps you.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Lynn, I tried the Vit E capsule last night but I didn't pierce it but just bunged the whole thing up there.  Am I likely to suddenly 'drop a Vit E capsule' as I'm walking about today?   I'm going out! LOL!  I'd read somewhere that it would dissolve overnight!!!!!  Would it have done??????:-))))
    • Posted

Hi Lynn, Sorry to hear your mum had breast cancer. Thank you for your idea about the Vit E Capsules. I have actually tried this myself a while ago and it definitely helps although it doesn't get rid of the actual problem because there is no estrogen in it, is there. I do appreciate you having reminded me of the Vit E though. I think I am going to ring up the Doctors soon as I still feel sore after coming to the end of my antibiotics course! More scared because of my false hip and I don't want infection getting into it - I could end up with a serious operation if that happened. sad

So I am feeling quite down this morning. I just want a way to end the VA symptoms without being scared of the side effects.

Thank you again. :-)

• Posted

Yes, the heat up inside will dissolve the capsul like the acids do in your stomach when you swallow a vitimin E capsul. You have to try this not just one night, but for at least a few days or a week to feel the difference. Make sure it is the natural Vitimin E or it won't work for you. If you need the brand that I use that you can buy online then just let me know and I will private message you the brand name and the web site. Some ladies like to squeeze out the gel and rub it all inside, others just like to insert the capsul. How much IU of Vitimin E did you insert?

Lynn

• Posted

The Vitimin E,if you use all natural will take away that soreness Shirley. It heals inside the vagina area and gives you a little more elasticity as well. Hope you don't give up on it, and I am using 2 capsuls every night of 100 IU each of Vitimin E. My mom is cancer now but unfortunately she has dementia. I love her to bits and make sure she is always being cared for properly. Now don't give up on that Vitimin E.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Yes, I definitely am giving this a go for a month or so Lynn, but probably permanently.  I asked my husband to pick up one tube from the supermarket and he came back with three because they were on offer:-)  So now have quite a few to get too.  That's a relief to know that it's OK about putting the whole thing up there because I thought it's easier to get it further up IN the capsule than getting the stuff out of it.  He picked up the lowest amount which was 400 IU.  Do you think that's OK?
    • Posted

Thanks Lynn. I am going to start with the Vit E Capsules tonight. 2 Capsules every night you say. Really sorry to hear about your mums cancer and dementia. I look loved my mum too. Can't believe she is gone but I will have to. I'm sure you do a great job of looking after your mum. I did till the time came that I could no longer look after her and she went into the home following the stroke. Yes I will definitely use the Vit E. Capsules. What make are yours?
    • Posted

Is it the natural vitimin E capsuls? I haven't used more then 200 IU, each capsul is 100 IU and I use two of them. You can try the 400 and see how it works. If your not happy with that amount, I can give you the online web site to order smaller dosage if you like. Just try it first and see how it goes. Maybe you want to try 1 every night before bed or 1 capsul every other night before bed. Experiment and let me know how you make out. You mentioned tube of Vitimin E. What do you mean by tube ,  is this not the gel capsuls of Vitimin E?

Blessing to you

• Posted

No, you should only take 1 capsul a night if you have 400 IU. I take two because my capsuls are only 100 IU, so I am actually taking 200 IU of Vitimin E capsul each night.

Make sure it is all natural, or it won't work like it is suppose to.                            

Lynn

• Posted

Lynn, sorry, that was a typo and should have been TUB not tube.  I'm going Vitamin E crazy here and have just ordered some Vit E pessaries too, so I'll try both the capsules and the pessaries and see what I find easiest to use (also the pessaries might be a bit messier, but I'll give them a go).  I looked online at the reviews and they've got loads and loads of excellent reviews.  I will post and say how I get on with them and pros and cons of both:-)
    • Posted

Right will do that.  I only used one last night but I'll check it out!  Thank you so much for the advice!
    • Posted

It's sunflower seed oil.  But the pessaries I've ordered are coconut and palm oil.
    • Posted

Yes, let the ladies know how you make out because anything we can do to help those who are having a bad time with this is why we are all here on the forum in the first place. My prolapse is a stage 3 and it protrudes if I do not wear my prolapse support garment. But so far, so good and no problems. The vitimin E is the icing on the cake because there is no chafing or bleeding or soreness anymore when I spread the Vitimin E up inside every night. Its best to do it before bed because it can work all night and everything settles down at night and gel will absorb better in the vagina area when you are laying down.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Welcome Shirley.  Any tips we can pass on to one another is really helpful when it comes to our prolapse problems or dryness etc.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Lynn, I'm not sure of the stages, but assuming it starts at one and progresses are you being given a sling as an option?
    • Posted

I definitely will let you know how it goes Lynn.  I hadn't thought abut the casing of the Vit E capsule that I'd bunged up there and only checked it this morning afer someone else said beef gelatine so I wouldn't use the whole capsule up there again!  It's a bit like sticking a prok chop in your ear!  One thing using vegetable oil, but another using an animal product, but my pessaries should arrive today so hopefully they'll work well.  I KNOW the oil has to be hydrogenated to make it solid enough to turn into a pessary, but I think it's going to be easier for me to use than liquid, so may well be the best for me.  But I will keep you updated how it works.  When we were looking for good lubrication there is an oil based product and a water based product with the safest of ingredients that we could find and it really is very good.  I don't know if I can say the name here or not though?????  I don't know how to privately message anyone if they ask either!  But basically if you look for the opposite of 'no' you'll find it:-)  You can use the water based AND the oil based at the same time if it's needed.
    • Posted

I see now, it was Lynn who said the capsules would dissolve up inside us with the heat of our bodies. So the options are to either squeeze the oil out of the capsules and rub it around, but I wonder if this could result in soreness too. Or, simply to prick an hole in the capsules and as carefully and quickly as possible, insert it. Will try both ways I think.
    • Posted

Shirley, I read on the web sites that the capsul does dissolve up inside of us when inserted. But I still like to squeeze out the liquid and smear it up inside. However, google the words, "Does Vitimin E capsuls dissolve up inside the vagina area" and see what it says. Thats what I did and found a few web sites that said it does dissolve. Check it out and see what comes up. You can also phone the pharmacist, he or she would know for sure.

Lynn

• Posted

Thanks for that Lynn. Much appreciated. I will Google those words and see what it comes up with. I suppose the next question would be, does the dissolved capsule, when it's in a liquid state, get expelled from the Vagina?
    • Posted

This was making me wonder what the capsule was made of.  If it's not animal gelatine then it's this stuff - Pullulan and hypromellose are two non-animal-derived sources that are used as gelatin alternatives. Pullulan is a water-soluble polysaccharide; according to Capsugel, pullulan has received wide regulatory acceptance and has been in use for over 25 years. Hypromellose is made from raw cellulose, and is also used around the world. Gel capsules made from these materials contain no animal products, making them safe for vegetarians and those with restricted diets.  From what I just read, these capsules are made of cellulose based polymers, which WILL dissolve in the vagina if the acid/alkali balance is roughly right LOL!  But don't take my word for it - I THINK this is what it's saying though.
    • Posted

Shirley, I will do some more research as well and see what I can find out about the capsul when it dissolves and what happens to the outer casing that holds the Vitimin E liquid. I will let you know what I find out and you keep looking as well.

Lynn

• Posted

Thanks Lynn. I will look into this as well and get back here later. I have found out though that lime you say, the capsule does dissolve. So I will try and find out the rest of the answer. :-)
    • Posted

I think folks are getting carried away with the idea that the capsules pose a threat of some kind. These are made to be swallowed.The bottle says what they are made of. No mysteries there. We encounter bigger threats to our health every day from what we breath, put on our faces via make-up, products in the home like formaldehyde in carpeting, etc.
    • Posted

Personally I wasn't worried about them being poisonous or anything like that, only that they wouldn't break down.
    • Posted

No I wasn't worried about the capsules being poisonous either. It never entered my head. Like Chris, I was only worried that they wouldn't break down or dissolve. I have now seen it in Black and White that they do dissolve. But now I am just wondering if what is left behind after the Capsules have dissolved, will naturally leave the body.

• Posted

I think this is a natural thought by an enquiring mind Shirley:-)  After all, you're using a product for something it's not intended for, and it's obvious that the gut will break down a capsule but I think it's normal that we wanted to check out that the vagina would too:-)
    • Posted

Thanks Chris. Yes I am using a product for something its not intended for so I wanted as much info as possible. I've got enough on with my bad hip and false hip. I don't want gynae problems that get out of hand too. So yes, best to have an enquiring mind at times like this I think. :-)
    • Posted

It's those enquiring minds that save us from all the awful meds that doctors dish out with no mention of horrific side effects too!:-)  Sorry to hear about the hips?  Arthritis?
    • Posted

All you have to do is drink aloe juice or aloe gel. You can get it at a local health food store. If you just look up the benefits of aloe you will see yourself what it can do for your body healing wise. Studies have been done that aloe can stimulate collagen production and heal your body from the inside out. If you just drank itll heal your whole body even vaginal area outside and inside so you won't have to stick anything up inside you. The study used a less than a teaspoon of aloe gel (edible 1200 MG and 3600 MG no major difference between the two. But I think I'd use more myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.