Side effects of forgetting the BP and Dietetics tablets.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi , I am taking tablets for past 4 years for BP and Dietetics. My age is 30. Sometime I dont take those tablets. Its like I take for few days and then i stop for few days. Is there is any risk by doing this?...I miss the tablets due to unavodable situations(not intentionally).

Thanks,

NiceGuy.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I suspect when you say dietetic, you mean diuretic? If you are taking those because of the side effects of the BP medication (unless there is another medical condition that you have not mentioned), then you are probably on a calcium channel blocker, which tend to be for moderate to severe HBP, as opposed to may be beta blockers. And most likely it is probably something like amlodipine if it causes swelling of the ankles and feet, so a diuretic is required.

Without knowing your medical history, it would be impossible to say how risky not taking them. My advice would be to make an effort to taake them on a daaily basis, build it into a routine. Then, try and find a way naturally to reduce your BP, if you wish to come off of them.

• Posted

its not Dietetics, its Diabetes.  sorry for the typo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.