Side/Lower Back pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for months now I have started to get increasing pain in my left hand side back and some (not much tenderness) around belly.

I have an ultra-sound on Friday and really hoping the discover what is causing this.

Up again at 3am (only got off to sleep at 1am) to take more pain meds - then awake not much alter for work.

Miserable existence at moment - this sucks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you.

I am having trouble with a kidney stone.

Have 2 appointments with 2 urologists.

Really just want it sorted as I'm sure you do.

Thinking of you, especially on Friday.

Take care and keep in touch

Sasrah xx

• Posted

I meant to say/ask "Is it worse for others when the go to bed - in terms of the increase in pain" ?

I dread going to bed because the pain that almost immediately takes hold.

• Posted

Yes mine is sometimes worse when I go to bed.

It's strange, if it is bad during the day and I go to bed it settles down.

But if I go to bed at night it is quite often worse.

Sarah

• Posted

Hope you get on OK today, let me know.

I saw a urologist yesterday and I have an enormous kidney stone.

No chance of either passing or blasting it so it will have to be surgery.

The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

Sarah

• Posted

I am fairly sure you have a kidney stone,  In the meantime, drink a lot of water with pure lemon juice in it. I changed my diet and make sure I drink a lot of water.  Be aware of high oxalate foods if your stone is calcium-oxalate based.  I have not had a recurrence for four years.   I am sorry you have to go through this. 
    • Posted

Thanks for advice. I saw a urologist a couple of days ago and have a huge kidney stone. No chance of either pass or blasting it, so it will have to be surgery.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.