simply sex ( do not read if offended)

Posted , 16 users are following.

The question that has crossed everyone's mind but have been to embarrassed to ask except moi.

The first nurse i asked just stared at me and said...." why would you want to even think if that right now."

Second medical i asked said......oh i dont know.... most people who have hip replacements are fairly old. I wanted to reply. ...ummmm charlie chaplan fathered a child at 88.

Next person.... whenever you are comfortable and feel ready. She went on to say there are gentle positions that dont force the hip joint sideways....so obviously not missionary. I asked my husband whst he thought as hes alot younger than me and he saud... oh god im scared ill break you and dislocate you. Lol

Would anyone else care to offer adult advice

2 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I'm speaking as a 48 year old man that's had THR 9 weeks ago so possibly not the ideal responder but I was active again at 8 weeks!

All the advice I got was via leaflets but generally it read don't over exert and use comfortable positions!

• Posted

Ha ha sassy you must have missed my post a few weeks ago as I asked exactly the same thing !! No one told me anything ! I went on website that showed various positions ( think it was Bedford hospital) . Just be gentle and keep 90 degree rule ! I'm just six weeks and been enjoying sex life again (actually far less painful than before op ) . Your hubby won't break you just be bit different than maybe used to but trust me normal service can be resumed!

Have fun

Denise

• Posted

My physio said 3 months dependent on where I wanted to put my legs. .

A little bit embarrassing as he was about 12!!!

Take care

Kate x

• Posted

redface ..... just kidding ..... 

oh, the pleasure of discovering and being creative .....

that's all ...

warm hug and just enjoy 

renee

• Posted

Sex was one of my main incentives to get better! Of course there are other ways to get pleasure than intercourse but it's kinda special. Reckon it must have been 5 or 6 weeks before my very patient girlfriend got a smile on her face.

Oh the relief of no more cramps and spasms in the hip at just the wrong moment if you know what I meancheesygrin.

• Posted

It was mentioned preop in the info! We were told around 6-8 weeks gently, Quote "the fit partner to do the jiggly bits. Normality ASAP after that , just be comfortable"
  • Posted

I have read all the replies to my hubby. Hes still laughing. He said what a wonderful group of people here. . I agree youre all great. Thank you.
    • Posted

Hi Sassy!

Let's talk about sex....

Advice given me which was good and worked was...

Hippy on bed on back. Non hippy does the more active bits..relax and enjoy after 4 weeks.

Leave Karma Sutra till 4 months.

Good healing orgasms!

Mic

X

• Posted

Haha mic. Need more than a new hip for the karma sutra lol
  • Posted

Ha ha. My husband says the same thing. "I'm scared you'll break" and I have to say that pre op I want him to carry on thinking that! it is a subject that should be aired though, because post op you are working towards resuming life with all it's aspects.

As I say I am pre op but should imagine missionary is out for a while because of weight on hips. Doggy fashion might be ok or laying on one side but I wouldn't get to adventurous until you are absolutely sure that a night of passion doesn't result in the wrong kind of ride. One with flashing blue lights!!

• Posted

Oh lynn lol knowing my luck. I agree it should be aired. Its a shame there isnt a pin section of this hippie forum
    • Posted

Absolutely it should. I guess most people are in so much pain, anxious about it all, and embarrassed to bring it up. But we will see if by this evening more people have commented on this. It is obviously a subject that applys to men too, for different reasons. Weight bearing and all that! Perhaps us women can start our own discussion to seriously, respectfully look at the problems and anxieties of resuming normal relations. We have to remember that we are not sitting around a table drinking tea and having a laugh. Not all women are happy to talk about this. I think that's a shame if they are worried, a bit of irreverent chat does us the world of good!
    • Posted

100% agree lynn. I hope more people enter this discussion
    • Posted

It's started already! Well done for bringing this up girl. X
  • Posted

My doctor said do what is comfortable, he suggested on top would be less stress on the hip, while healing.
    • Posted

Hi Loral,

while mine said bottom was less stressful!!! I do think whatever, but not SM kinky stuff for aweek or two!

mic

x

• Posted

I wondered about on top but isn't the angle of knee to hip wrong? I suppose it depends on how energetic you get!

What we need is someone who has experienced this issue and overcome it. So come on girls, any hints and I hesitate to say, tips!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.