Simptoms under tenofovir ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I would like to ask if someone is under medication with Tenefovir and what is the result

Thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am on treatment, taking tenofovir. No side effects at all. I feel very good. It was prescribed to me by an experienced Indian Hepatologist.

i recommend it without reservations

pios- Zimbabwe

• Posted

Thanks for the info bro . For how long has the Dr recommended the medicine ?
  • Posted

The Dr has not told me for how long I should be taking the medicine. Am meeting the Dr on 25 Oct and will revert

thanks

• Posted

No side effects for the first 5 years.  Slight reduction in kidney function in year 6.
    • Posted

Also, and importantly, undetectable viral load since starting the drug.
    • Posted

Jus to check, undetectable viral load is possible after how long of taking tenofovir as treatment for Hep B?
  • Posted

Hi roxy.i am new on this forum.i am an asian male 25 married.recently i was diagnosed with hbv dna positive and hbv viral load was 26in real time pcr assay.what that it mean?
    • Posted

It means you have the hepatitis B virus.  If the doctors think you have only recently been infected they may wait a few months to see if your body clears it naturally.  If you have had the virus for a long time you are what they call 'chronic' and you should take mediction to reduce the viral load and minimise the risk of damage to your liver.  HBV can be transmitted by sexual intercourse so your partner should be vaccinated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.