Single at 32. Feeling so so down

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

Really hoping someone can help me out. For the past while I've been feeling really down about being single. I'm 32 and still single.. I never ever thought me life would be like this at 32 but here I am single, childless and still living at home with parents. I had a large group of friends but they are all now in relationships some have kids too so I've no one to go out with on a sat night to try and meet someone . I've done everything I can think of to meet someone I've joined gym, done night classes at colleges even though I didn't like the course I done it to meet someone but it didn't work. I honestly don't know what to do I'm so afraid ill be single forever sad .. please help

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi louise. Aw im sure you wont be 31 is still so young. I only have one daughter whos 13 now & i didnt have her til i was 30! Met her dad @ 29 &had 5 yrs together b4 we split. But my point is that love sometimes happens wen yr not looking for it if u see what i mean. If u can try just to join as many local groups as you can in your area.. not expecting a relationship it exhudes confidence & im sure u will meet someone that way. My friend is desperate to meet someone & it shows.....she has been with some rotten partners. Now shes given up lookin a nice guy @ her work is keen.xx honestly u will meet the right person for u if its meant to be when u least expect it. Try to find things to kp u occupied too that will lift yr mood show potential suitors yr happy within yrself. . Its advice given as i too felt i needed others to be happy & whilst beautiful u nd to love you 1st. Xxx u can do it, & if u become even more depressed please see a dr hun. Good luck, mandy xxx

• Posted

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for your reply. I know what you mean about keepING busy and try keep my mind of it I do try doing this but it's gets hard esp coz of my age. I'm a worrier anyway about most things so it's hard for me not to worry. I will have to try though. Thank you

• Posted

Hi Louise - sorry to read you are down. It never ceases to amaze me the pressure of society puts on a woman to be in a relationship, to be married, to have children - as if not fulfilling these 'rules' somehow makes the woman 'worthless,' 'unproductive' or 'flawed.' The problem with desire is we often settle for much less than our worth just to 'fit in,' and that can lead to situations more horrific than we can imagine. One problem with desperately seeking another is that the desperation shows, which has two potentials: scaring away possible mates, and signaling to the less scrupulous that you are an easy mark. 

Have you tried speed dating? What about volunteering for some organisation - doing something you believe in? Have your friends tried to pair you up with anyone?

I'm also thinking that if you slowly allow yourself to accept the (remote) possiblity that you may indeed be single for the forseeable future and embrace that, suddenly, one day, Mr Right might just bump into you around that corner you didn't see. Don't give up on yourself - your worth is not measured by your relationship status. Best of luck.

• Posted

This is an awesome advice. Thank you Wayne, i hope Louise takes to this.
    • Posted

Hi wayne thanks for your advice. Your so right because I'm single and no children I made to feel less than those who have them things. A lot of people in work kinda joke with me oh ur getting on u may settle down etc and that really hurts me coz I try so hard and it just seems to happen so easily for others.I get so annoyed when people in work talk about their partners about holidays for the summer etc co it's unlikely I'll be going anywhere. I have to try not to think about it too much but I admit that's hard for me to do coz I tend to worry about everything.

• Posted

Sweetie...you're only 32! You have plenty of time to find someone to be with. Give it time and DON'T settle for less than anything or anybody that you deserve!

• Posted

Hi..thanks for your reply. I know in the grand scheme of things I'm not considered old but it's so hard when others my age and younger are so much more ahead of Me in life. I can't help but feel left behind

• Posted

I know it's hard to see other people especially those closest to you having what you want and aren't getting. All I ever wanted was to be married with kids but looking at my life and what it has been like being really sick over the last 10 years ...I wouldn't have been able to take care of a family...when I finally came out of denial about that and how I sabotaged' all my relationships and other things I did...I was in a severe depression for a really long time and didn't think I would ever come out of it...I mean what was my purpose in life just to have nothing going no where...why was I even on this earth...I still can't answer that question and it's very hard but I get up every day sick as a dog and hope my life does matter

• Posted

It certainly does matter xx i often have & do feel the same at times & it gets better. Just this crappy disease comes back again and again. Xxx makes ya wonder when a cure will be found xxx

• Posted

Thank you for saying that amanda...that's the kind of stuff people like us need to hear...hoping someday to believe it...you have been so good on this discussion helping a lot of people...I think you are amazing and compassionate and caring and you take your time to talk to each person separately

• Posted

I guess i jusr have to face facts that I may be single for the rest of my life and that's something I just have to deal with... but I hate feeling this way and I don't know what to do to make myself feel better. I know for a fact I wouldn't feel this way if I was in a relationship

• Posted

Aww thankyou . Thats nice of u , xxx i have a huge ? always have. I suppose thats why i have been hurt a lot but i still wouldnt want to be a horrid person & thick skinned just so i could cope with emotions & life easier. I just need to realise & i am as im getting older that u cant change people just yourself and try to cope the best u can. Xx

• Posted

Aww some ppl feel the same as u. & i dont blame you for wanting that as long as u look after yourself in the process & dont do as my good friend did & settle for just anybody. Then end up more sad & hurt. I do honestly feel it comes when u dont look too hard xxx

• Posted

No I Def won't settle for just anyone. . People say I'm too picky but why should I be with someone I'm not crazy about. I think ur right I'm going to have to try keep my self busy and try my best not to think about it too much. Thanks for ur help

• Posted

Not a problem hun. Why shud u settle. Were treated how we allow ourselves to be treated xx ive only learnt tht with age xx honestly it will come when u aren't looking xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.