sinusitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

This the first time i have experienced such a pain, and from what i have read, may not be the last!

I cannot believe how bad it is, Been prescribed antibiotics hope they work, after reading a few postings here am not optimistic at all...

Any tips please are most welcome like how to avoid this virus that should be named after a plague.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Had sinusitis for the first time in my life last August. Thought it was a bad cold which would not go, then got much worse. Antibiotics did not work, inhilation with steam alone eased it. Was prescribed Nasobec Aqueous nasal spray which moved it in no time and am still having a low dose. Discovered that it returned after I had my weekly half bottle of wine with my roast meal. Stopped having alcohol and sinusitis seems to have gone. Won't know yet if it has gone for good. It felt as if half my face was falling off it felt so heavy and painful. Just had it in the one side, with pain under and over my eyes. I was told to try the spray for about three months which are soon up.
    • Posted

Hi. I have exactly the same thing. Started with sinusitis which I had for the entire summer last year and now I've noticed I get it severly after wine or vodka... Even just one glass I too have the nasobec spray. Just wondered how you are getting on?
    • Posted

It has not been so bad since then but it hasn't completely gone and is sometimes worse than others.  I used that spray for a few months until it improved but in these past few weeks I have had to return to the spray.  The doctor says to use it for as long as necessary.  The triggers still seem to be alcohol, dust and going out in a wind which I suppose whips up more dust.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.