Sirtraline and uping dose

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

On my 5th week of 50mg only had a few good days so gp said take 100mg anyone got any advice about when you've uped the dose

Thanks

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I thought they took longer than that for full effect to be realised. Took me between 6 weeks and 3 months, but I'm not a Dr. I only ever had 50mg eventhough  I was on them for 5 years. Been off for nearly 3 weeks now. Good luck.
    • Posted

Cheers

Did they work for u and why did u come off them ?

• Posted

Yes they definitely helped. I was in a very anxious, not coping due to a family situation. I was really glad of the respite they gave me. I felt normal for a while. They almost gave me a rest from myself. I stayed on them because the family situation was ongoing and I coped much better on them, but I hated taking them, apart from appreciating the rest they gave me. I thought 5 years was a long time to be on them, and I had gained weight that  I didn't seem to be able to shift, plus I developed type2 diabetes. (It is in the family so I can't blame the tablets.) I also resented the tablets 'doing the work for me'. I wanted to be able to cope, not resort to tablets every time there was a crisis. (I'd never tell anyone not to take them if they were depressed. Sometimes it's a chemical imbalance and they are necessary.) However, I felt my reasons for taking them were because I didn't cope very well, and wanted to learn some skills for doing so. I read a lot, learned some things and felt more confident that I had some skills that would help me to cope if a crisis hit again. 
  • Posted

Hi Don

I have been on sert 50mg for the last 12 weeks and have just have gone up to 100mg a few days ago as I was not where I wanted to be, one day I would be so down and the next day I would feel like I was top of the world almost, For me it took about 8 weeks at 50mg to get the full effects from the tablets but It just was not just right for me, but my doctor said to just give them a few more weeks and see how things go, then this week we decided that we would up the dose to 100mg and thats where I am at the moment, I was the same as you worried about going up so much on one go but my doctor said that it would be easier this time(side effects) as my body would be used of the tablets by now and she seems to be right so far no side effects so far just a bit of broken sleep last night but otherwise all good. If you need anything just drop a line or two as we are all in the same boat and its good to talk to people that know what its like.

• Posted

Many thanks

You have given me some hope it's people like u that keep us going thanks I will let y know how I go on and will you let me know how u go on thanks

• Posted

Hi

Just wondering how your getting on with uping the dose hope all good

• Posted

Hi don

Yeah I am getting on ok so far, a increase in anxiety and a few aces and pains throughout my body, My mood has been down in the mornings(Its like I have a hangover every day) but it clears as the day goes on and by the evening I almost feel 90% my, old self but no major side effects like when I first started on these tablets (Thank god). I will give them a few weeks and see how things go, I am keeping myself busy at the moment and try not to think too much so that helps a lot. Hows things going for you? and what part of the world are you from? and why are you on these tablets?

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply

Still feel a bit down but not as bad as when I started them (thank god) it's only my 3rd day I'm from England and on the meds for depression and anxiety just hoping thinks will level out in next few weeks what are you on them for and were you from?

• Posted

Hi don

Well sir how are you getting on at the moment? I am on sert for the same reason as you. I am from Ireland so we are on the same time line anyway.

• Posted

Hi Michael

Nice to here from u it my 5th day of upping the dose from 50mg to 100mg had a few bad days but what I've noticed I'm worse in the morning start to come round by the afternoon 😄 hoping they will fully kick in soon 🙏 how are u and what dose R u on ?

• Posted

Hi Michael

is this my friend from Ireland?  I just upped my dosage to 100 mg last Tuesday.  Doing ok.  Have experienced some low moments throughout the day but doing better than before.

Lynda

• Posted

Hi don

Yeah I am on the same as you and lynda upped from 50mg after 12 weeks 100mg for the last 5 days, I also find that in the morning I can be all over the place but some days I come out of it as the day goes by and other days I can be lifeless for the whole day, but I am trying to take it day by day at the moment, as I know it will be a few weeks before the upped dose kicks in. I am the same as everbody here I just want things to get back to the way things where.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.