Sjorgrens and neck inflamation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have swelling on the left side of my face and neck this has been going on for 5 weeks now.  Ultra Sound ruled out any lymph node problems, but now I have ringing in my left ear as well.  Does anyone else have this issue? And if so what is it?

thanks,

Mandy

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Mandy, get thIS checked as a priority. It may be your salivary gland that is infected or blocked with stones. It can become extremely painful if ignored. I've had this and ended up having surgery.A good dentist will know what's going on it see your GP.
    • Posted

Hi Sue,

Going to see my GP this afternoon. This inflammation all started when I started taking sulphasalazine. Ear feels blocked as well.

Regards,

Mandy

• Posted

I don't know what drug your are on I'm afraid.  I refuse to take any of them as I think in a lot of cases they do more harm than good.  I try to eat a very healthy diet instead and, most of the time, it works.  Once you get one auto immune disease you usually get others.  Blocked, infected or inflamed salivary glands are very common in Sjogrens patients.  All mine are damaged and I have had large stones.  I would hate anyone to go through the pain and invasive operation I had to so I hope it is just a matter of antibiotics to get you feeling better.  I've had my submandibular gland removed now.  The operation left stones in the Wharton's duct under my tongue that were removed at Guy's.  I would never recommend leaving such swelling in the neck. 
    • Posted

Hi Sue,

The ultra sound showed no problems with lymph nodes but did show what he said was a cyst?

Regards,

Mandy

• Posted

Mandy ive gad that swelling for30 years now, ive got a flare up at the moment..i also have gad an unltrasound when it was up..its just swelling..???? Gets quite sire,,was told it shoukdnt be sire because it dosent touch anything ??? ..lol..what a jole,i use cold packs to reduce the swell..but it dose give ne earache at times..
    • Posted

Hi Christine,

How long does the swelling normally last?

Regards,

Mandy

• Posted

9 days to a few weeks.....it gets better as time progresses by that i mean it seems to hit a high.-very sore and swollen -really uncomfortable..then it settles down with the swelling taking longer to go completey, i had it once for over a month..😘😘
    • Posted

I have had mine for 5 weeks now with no sign of letting up. I am wondering if this is a reaction to taking Mobic.

Regards,

Mandy x

• Posted

I think you have a blocked 

Eu·sta·chian tube

a narrow passage leading from the pharynx to the cavity of the middle ear, permitting the equalization of pressure on each side of the eardrum. This happened to a friend of mine years ago. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.